Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Why oh why

     Tuesday you have failed me miserably. How could you allow me to stay awake for the first two and a half hours of your beginning? Why would you do that to me? I didn't do anything to you. Why you punish me?

     In case you can't tell, I didn't get much sleep last night. I don't know what it was about me being in bed and trying to sleep that kept me from sleep. I wasn't doing anything that would have kept me from sleeping. I stopped playing Destiny sometime around eleven o'clock last night to go upstairs and go to bed. I laid down and shared my space with Lucas and the fat dog Chloe. Beverly was watching Friends on the TV and Luke was sleeping. She went to bed shortly after I got upstairs and then I just couldn't fall asleep. Do you ever get those nights where you sit on the couch yawning every five minutes or so and then you go to your bedroom to lay down and sleep and the second your head touches the pillow, your body wakes up and says, "No sleep for you tonight sweetheart. Not going to happen." Does that happen to you guys? Happened to me last night. I was tired and ready to go to bed and when I did, I was told it wasn't going to happen. Oh well I guess. These things happen. Now to the meat and potatoes of the day.
     It started pretty much like every other day. Get up, kid off to school, sister off to work, home to care for children. Got yelled at today because the lady was supposed to go to training this morning and even though I attempted to wake her up, I still was at fault. If I wake you up or attempt to wake you up, then get out of bed. I gotta do it so I think every one should be able to do it. Even when I don't want to get out of bed, I still do. Nothing is going to get done if I stay in bed. Not sure how late she was, but I hope that she wasn't too late. Driving all the way out to Port Orchard with morning traffic probably sucked. I at least got some morning game time in since the boys were playing quietly together. It's nice to see them do that. I took the liberty to enjoy myself a little this morning. I did however, empty and refill the dishwasher, got it running, and did some dishes as well so if asked, I can justify playing for an hour or so this morning. I have been playing Destiny and I must say Bungie might have outdone themselves. In a very futuristic, apocalyptic wasteland much like Borderlands, with an environment that may be a little sluggish at first, is the realm in with you, the guardian, are found and handed a weapon to fight the darkness.
     Fight the darkness you say? Don't we do that with every video game? We might, but have you ever stopped to think about it or were you too engrossed with the fact that you have a new game that you wanted and are super excited to play it? This was actually this game's second chance play by me. If I die a very gruesome death within the supposed tutorial level, I tend not to pick it back up again. I will get rid of you and go find something else. I have a few friends that have played this game and they all have said it was good. So, after talking to my buddy Mike from work, I decided that last night I would try again for the sake of the game. Booted it up and really haven't looked back. I got through the first area without dying, found my first ship, and moved up to the tower. I even got a weapon from the postmaster in the game from an "unknown benefactor". Not sure where it came from, but it is at level 20 and I just got to level 6. It might be awhile before I can use it. So far, I think I can find a way to enjoy this game. Guess I should look at getting the expansion that has come out for it so that I can do even more cool stuff once I get to it. I started out as a Warlock, but I can start the other 2 classes when the need arises to start fresh and new. I do like my special ability to throw out this void blast that completely disintegrates the enemies that it hits. So much awesome.
     I was so fast that you guys have no clue that I got the second child off to school and that therapy starts in a few minutes for the youngest king. Not really fast because I just stopped typing and nobody but me really knows how long it takes me to type these out. It doesn't seem like it takes that long to type out all of these random thoughts as they come to my head, but when I look at the clock on the stove and twenty to thirty minutes have passed, I start to wonder if I go into some cosmic vortex or something because I lose all track of time. I still have the living room to pick up which shouldn't take too long since it is mostly toys and they are all pretty much contained to one area. I seriously don't want to go to work today though. I have that lag from the leave period that has stuck with me a lot longer than it should have. Usually after about 3 days of being back at work, I get back into the swing of things and work doesn't seem like such a chore. I had to be a delivery boy last night for about twenty minutes. One multimeter for some beef jerky. Still not sure who got the short end of the stick in that deal, but I really don't care. My task was complete and then I got to come home and watch TV with my lady.
     I guess I really should start enjoying what is left of my shore duty though. This June will be the final year of this duty station before I move on to the next submarine that will consume my life and soul. It's not that I want to spend the countless hours that will be spent there, but it is something that has to be done. One more summer at home with the kids, One more Thanksgiving and Christmas without fear of being on the boat for them, One more New Year spent at home with my lady. One more anniversary that as long as my rotation works out correctly, I will get to be home for. This time has actually flown by and a lot of things have been missed. I shall cherish these last 17 or so months where I get to be home on a nightly basis.

Now I really should get to picking up the living room and eating my lunch before I have to leave to get the children from school and such. Off I go.

This is SPARTA!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment