Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday!!!

     Good morning Arena peeps! It is the start of the weekend and you know what that means. Time to get that rest and relaxation right? Wrong! It is time to get the stuff done that you couldn't do during the week because you were so busy with work and errands and appointments, the list can go on and on. Now that you have arrived safely at the weekend, it's time to get off your ass and get moving towards the betterment of you! Get those chores done that you have neglected for the entire week. Drink a cup of coffee without having to rush through it so that you can savor the delicious taste of the peppermint chocolate truffle creamer that has been carefully blended with caramel drizzle gourmet coffee that has been expertly brewed from the Keurig coffee maker sitting in your kitchen. Wow! That last sentence was a mouthful. Turn on the radio or music channel or internet radio station and feel the power flow through you as the motivation to get moving radiates through your veins. Spend the morning meticulously combing through the debris that is scattered about your living room because you have small children running around the house. If you don't have any children, you can skip this step. It's okay, I won't tell anybody. Soak the dishes that have been sitting in your sink for the last couple days because you have been too tired after dinner to rinse them off and slip them quickly into the dishwasher. Put the laundry away that has been sitting in the basket for the last three or four days because the busy work week has kept you from getting the baskets up the stairs and the clothes distributed to their appropriate locations. Follow all of this up with some lunch and maybe a few minutes for yourself before you locate the vacuum that tends to hide like a ninja and vacuum the floors since that hasn't been done for about a week or so. While you are vacuuming, make sure you take a few minutes to think about what you are going to make everyone in your household for supper. That might take longer than a few minutes depending on how many people you have and what they like to eat and whatnot. I always find it hard to decide because I have such picky eaters in my house. One day they will outgrow it. I hope. Follow up the dinner with some family time or whatever it is that is your favorite thing to do. DO NOT FORGET though that tonight at 10 p.m. Eastern time (do a little easy math depending on your time zone) is the start of B2kradio. You know, that guy +Chuck Bisbee does a lot of work to bring you some of the best music that you have ever heard on a Saturday night. Download the mobile apps, get on your computer, download them to your tablet, whatever it is you need to do to get tuned in, do it! Don't miss one of the best radio shows you will ever hear in your entire life. Go to www.B2kradio.com at the appropriate time for you in relation to when the show starts, and settle into the chair and surf the interwebs while your ears feel like they are taking a well deserved spa day. They'll thank you for it.
     Seriously, check that shit out and in the words of my Uncle (yes, I'm related to the guy), "Turn that bitch up a notch!" Chairdance your way to happiness while you listen to some great tunes. You can do other things that you need to do if you forgot something during the day, but just try to enjoy the musics.


     Like how I did that up there? Basically described my entire Saturday by telling you guys to do it. You probably won't actually do that, but I figured that it would be fun to try something completely different. Also, I did some quick advertising for my Uncle. How sweet is that?!? He is my favorite person in the entire world. No, seriously he is. I love that young/old, but mostly young dude, to death. He always finds a way to make me smile. He was always there when I needed to get away from the parental units. Well, for the most part. They kind of hid him from me for most of my teenage years. I'm still not sure as to why they did that, but it happened. When I did find him again, that one Christmas when mom said take this and go to this address, it was something so special that it would make for a great family movie moment. That moment when you are just so happy that a few tears escape unknowingly from your eyes and you have an inner cheer fest because it is just that damn good. He also gives some of the best hugs in the world. Just ask him. He's all modest and whatnot, but trust me when I say that you haven't been hugged by anybody until you've been hugged by him.

     Now that the advertisement and the plans of the day have been revealed and you guys get to kick back and read this issue while you are doing other random things across the web and the world, I shall go finish what I have been putting off for the last week because of the wild work week. Again, go check out this radio show I described tonight, that's right, TONIGHT at 10 p.m. EST (do your own math for you) and have some fun.

From the Arena (my kitchen for now)

This is SPARTA!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment