Tuesday, January 27, 2015

*Giggles* He said 69.....

     Welcome once again to The Arena and the Monday that it is associated with. I'm over here giggling because as of right now, once this is posted, we will be on issue 69. I'm still a little childish when it comes to this number. Sue me. It can't be helped.
     This morning was supposed to be a busy one, but with one child getting sick and no school today, my morning has been relatively free. The kids are watching cartoons out on the couch with my wife and I am in the kitchen listening to musics and talking to you guys.  I'm working through the puzzles in the paper even though the crosswords are starting to get to the better of me right now. Since things have been kind of quiet today, the only real worry I have today, is getting myself to work on time. It's been awhile since that has happened. Lunch time will be coming soon for the children and maybe even some nap time. If I'm lucky. Depends on how I feel. I definitely did not want to get up this morning.
     I think it is a psychological thing. Monday is just one of those days where your mind knows that it is going to be a slow day and tells you, "You will not like today." So, of course, no one likes Monday. I don't like Monday. Then again, I have never really liked Monday. I think there needs to be an extra day in the middle of the weekend. I would endorse it. Have an 8 day week? Who wouldn't want that? I guess it depends on who you are. Some people don't want extra days to work or whatever. The idea kind of reminds me of an old episode of the cartoon "Doug" that I used to watch as a kid. On one episode, they made a "Fun Day" to go between Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like a good idea, but will the practice actually be as good as it sounds? I know that I sometimes wish there was more hours in a day so that I could do more, but that might lead to less sleep than I already get.
     Have you realized that we are almost through the first month of the new year? It's insane right?!? This month has just flown by! Why is it that time dictates how we feel sometimes? Like, when you are waiting for something that you either want or need, time seems to move slower and when you aren't paying attention, time flies. Like the old saying goes, "Time flies when you are having fun." You never really notice how quickly things move when you don't pay attention to them. For example, when I start a new issue for you guys and I get to typing, time flies out the window and I get lost in the way the words just start flowing. It's like everything else calms to a dull roar as I lose myself to the words and getting them onto the screen. It is very therapeutic. Something serene about it all.
     Sometimes I think my wife is an undercover Navy Chief. She comes into the kitchen, "Why aren't you cleaning?" or some other form of question that results in wondering about what it is I am cleaning. Like really? I don't remember being on a boat. I'm pretty sure I'm standing in my kitchen. Unless...... Did I take the red pill?!?! Who decided that was okay?? I don't remember any of this!!

     Wow! I can't believe that I never actually finished this post. I shall continue in the new one that is coming soon.

I'm out!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment