Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Finale

     Welcome back into The Arena my fellow Arenians! It is Monday and it is time to start another week of fun and excitement here in the House of Wickid. We are here today, typing live to you from the kitchen. Pandora is pumping through the speakers and the dishes are in progress. The events of yesterday are about to be retold. For all of the football fans out there, how crazy was yesterday?? Who would have thought that the Seattle Seahawks would have overcome so much adversity to propel themselves into their second consecutive Super Bowl apperance? In a game that has been dubbed an "instant classic", it was also probably one of the biggest comebacks in NFL history. I was floored by the way that game turned out. By the time the third quarter started, I felt defeated and was about to turn the game off. I'm actually glad that I didn't. I felt nothing but utter shame for the home team because of the way they came out and played. It wasn't until the fake field goal that turned into a touchdown that I started to believe again. There was so much heart and so much belief in themselves that made their victory happen. I will admit however, that Green Bay should have won that game. I don't know what they were thinking or if they just assumed that they had the game in the bag, but I was really disappointed that they didn't close that game. Seattle just played some rough and tumble football. I even told my sister-in-law Meagan that if the Packers won, I would find a way to obtain a cheesehead and wear it next season and root for the Packers all year. I was even going to post pictures. No trash talking or anything. I would have made good on my bet too because that's just who I am. I wouldn't have liked it, but I would have done it.
     Before any of you get it twisted and call me a "bandwagon fan", I would like to remind all of you that I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan through and through. I bleed red and pewter. I am loyal to my team. With that being said, my wife and I have two teams that we root for every season. The same teams every season. I root for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New England Patriots. I have been a Patriots fan since the mid 90's so don't think that I bandwagon them as well. She roots for the Houston Texans and the Dallas Cowboys. We have a little competition each year here at the house. Just a friendly one to see who can reign supreme. I won for two years straight. She won last year and this year. The final total was her, 22-12, and I ended 16-18. I forgot to add my two playoff wins for the Patriots in. No matter what happens in two weeks, I will still lose this year. I'm okay with that.
     Later on in the day, the Indianapolis Colts went into Gillette Stadium to face the New England Patriots for the AFC Championship Game. I went into this game believing that New England could win it with no issues. I was right because the final score was Indy 7 and New England 45. The Patriots finally took Brady out of the game to let his back up play. They have to keep him healthy because in two weeks, he will be going up against Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks. I can only imagine how that game will play out. Before you ask, I will be rooting for the Patriots. It's just who I am.
     We had a good dinner last night that my wife happily made. Something else new that we tried. Chicken Piccata and tortellini. I will admit that I am not a fan of the sauce that is on the chicken piccata, but I did try it and I ate most of it. We also got Carter back from his dad last night. I got the joy of bringing all of his clothes down from his room so that he could try them all on. Let's just say that I will skip this topic because of how angry it makes me.
     The wife and I have decided to move into a healthier direction in terms of our eating. We are going to be getting fresh foods and I get to learn how to cook all of the new stuff. I'm really excited to do this. I know that it won't be easy for all of us because we tend to snack out a lot and eat a lot of processed foods. We got the older boys these crunchy salted green beans from Trader Joe's the other day. I gave them to Carter and Eli last night with their supper. I'm not sure what is going on with Carter, but it seems like he is refusing to eat things that we put in front of him. There is nothing wrong with the food. He just says that all of the healthy stuff is "gross". I can't force him to eat the food but he will definitely take the 8 bites he is required to take whenever he tries anything new. It's a rule we have here at our house. If you don't like it after you try your bites, then you don't have to eat it again for a while. We always wait a month or two before we have the kids try the food again. It is very frustrating when they try to tell me that they don't understand the reason why we make them try the food.
     I am very happy to know that we are getting ready to do a family trip sometime next month. We are going to be taking the kids to The Great Wolf Lodge for a couple days. It should be lots of fun for everyone. That is a story for another time though.

Go forth and do great things today!! I'm out!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment