Sunday, January 11, 2015

Another Sunday

     Welcome back into The Arena! It is Sunday again and that means only one thing here. FOOTBALL! Two more playoff games are being played today with only the winners advancing into the Championship games. Out in Lambeau, The Dallas Cowboys are taking on the Green Bay Packers in the Ice Bowl II. The last time Dallas entered Lambeau for a playoff game was the 1967 NFL Championship game where Dallas scored 17 points to Green Bay's 21. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are looking to win the rematch and head out to Seattle where they lost in Week 1 36-16. Dallas is looking to move forward in the playoffs and return to Seattle where they beat the Seahawks 30-23 in Week 6. There is so much on the line for these two teams as the Divisional Round of today's playoff game is about to start.
     In Mile High Stadium this afternoon, Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos look to move forward into the Championship game as they go against the Indianapolis Colts for their Divisional Round game. The season opener in Denver found a victory for the Broncos as they played the Colts. In the 31-24 win, Peyton Manning looked primed to lead the Broncos to another playoff run. Here we sit, just 19 weeks later, looking at another game between these two formidable teams. This time however, the season is on the line. Will it be another Brady/Manning bowl in which Tom Brady has the winning record, or will Andrew Luck's luck hold strong to help him to victory? By the end of the day, all things will be decided as the winners move on to their respective division title games. New England and Seattle have both secured their spots in their Championship games with convincing wins yesterday. Only three weeks left of this season. On February 1st, two teams will appear in Super Bowl XLVIII. Will the Seahawks do a repeat run and make their third appearance? If they do, who will be their opponent? There are so many outcomes that can happen that it is too difficult to predict. Either way, it promises to be a great game. If it does happen to be a Denver/Seattle rematch, hopefully it will be better than last year when the Seahawks demolished the Broncos 43-8.
     Now, on to other events. As I sit here watching the football games with my sister in-law on Skype and my wife's computer pointed towards the TV so she can see it, I am reminded that tomorrow is Monday and I have to go back to work. At least I get to enjoy my Sunday with my kids and watching football. Theoretically, we will actually have work starting next week so that I will actually be busy instead of just waiting for it. At least the weekend has been somewhat kind to me. I got to spend time at home with my wife and kids, I spent last night listening to an awesome radio show provided by +Chuck Bisbee and his magical land at B2kradio.com, and I even spent time playing some video games. If you haven't yet, I suggest that you go check out www.B2kradio.com next Wednesday night or Saturday night. 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for when the show starts. Do your own math on where you are at so that you can catch the show when it starts. For me out on the west coast, I have to be ready to chairdance starting at 7 p.m. my time. I even got to pick out 2 shirts to help support the radio station. One for me and one for my lady. Once they arrive, you guys will get pictures of me and the lady sporting the shirts.
     As I get ready to leave to go retrieve my other sister in-law from work, I'm upset because I have to leave and miss some parts of the game. The joys of being a responsible adult. So with that being said, I leave you guys to go enjoy what is left of your weekend. Check out the new issue that is here and look forward to starting your weekly grind tomorrow.

From The Arena,

This is SPARTA!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment