Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Funnies

     Welcome back everyone! It is Friday and we are here for yet another edition from the "famous" hands of Wickid. The music is going, the oven is coming up to temperature, and the kids are cleaning while I have Round 2 of the NFL Draft playing out in the living room. I'm only really concerned about 4 teams anyways. My two teams and my wife's two teams. It is rather nice to know that you can talk football with your wife. It makes me happy to know that Sundays aren't a day that my wife dreads because I do nothing but watch football. She is on the couch next to me enjoying it as much as I am. 

     Another week of work is in the books and we have approached the weekend. Tomorrow Eli, my 6 year old, is getting a Mommy-Son date so that he doesn't feel left out of anything. They are going to go see Avengers 2: Age of Ultron. I'm actually excited for him because I know how much he likes his superhero movies. On the other hand, I am excited to see the new Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. The trailer that I saw gave me like an instant boner because it looked so cool. I'm still working on coming to grips with Ben Affleck being the new Batman. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though so we will see how it goes. Just the fact of the new Batman movie coming out makes me happy. I haven't been this excited since I found out about the Dark Knight Rises. Christian Bale did an alright job as Batman although most don't understand why he changed his voice between his characters. Do you know why he did it? I, myself, will have to look it up because I know I read it somewhere. It really is a rather logical reason which is why my anger towards him in Batman Begins faded once I read the article.

     As the corn dogs and chicken nuggets cook, I spend this small amount of time typing here to you guys. I have spent most of my sleepless nights playing on the PS3 instead of trying to sleep. You know how it goes, tired most of the day, but the minute you go to lay down, BOOM you're wide awake. Probably one of the worst feelings ever. I hate having it happen to me. Like right now, I have been fighting to stay awake for 3 hours. Very hard to win the fight, but I have been managing. I found things to do while I was outside watching the kids play. Mainly, I was on my phone keeping my hands busy. I have found out over the years that if I sit idly too long, I start to fall asleep. So my wife tries to keep me moving so that I don't because a lazy blob. I'm pretty sure that she already thinks I'm one regardless of what I do. 

     Sorry about the quick "break" I had to take. I'm trying to get the kids to sit down to eat a full meal together. Maybe once we get a bigger house that has more space for a respectable table that isn't made for the kids, we will be having family dinners together like we used to. Nobody was allowed to get up until everyone had finished their food. No cell phones or electronics were allowed at the table. It was a nice time. I enjoyed it. 

     So go out and enjoy your Friday night. Make it fun so that you can remember it down the road when you are old and grey. Things like spending time with friends and family doing gawd knows what. I want a dedicated night of Cards Against Humanity. If you haven't played that, you should. Probably some of the dirtiest things that you will ever hear or see in your life. Fair warning though, it isn't for the easily offended or faint of heart. There are some things that just shouldn't be said in a conversation and CAH makes you say them. So many laughs while playing this game. 

So with that, I leave you to your business. I'm out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment