Thursday, May 7, 2015

Club 89??

     Hey everyone!! It's me again dear friends! We are back for the 89th episode of The Arena and we are coming at you live from the kitchen again. This time I am making supper for the little kids while trying to figure out what it is that I want to eat to finish out the night. The kids are in the living room watching the Netflix. I turned them onto Yu-Gi-Oh since I was tired of listening to all of the other shows. Eli loves it because of all of the cool monsters and stuff that he gets to see. My wife told me no, but we all know that I tend not to listen to her sometimes. So I have left the show on for them to watch. I'm an awesome dad, I know, but it might get me in trouble later. 

     I know that the title may be a little bit confusing for you, but if you know even just a little bit about me, you know that I typically always have music going so I figured that if I ever had a club, I would name it Club 89. Seems feasible right now, but it the long run it probably isn't. Who knows what the future will hold for me besides military service. I do have to get to my goal first, which is retirement. Whatever happens after that is pretty much done slightly by the seat of my pants. I say this now, but you know that I will come up with some sort of plan in the next decade to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my "adult" life. Then again, I have to make E-6 first. That is currently the goal, but those damn quotas keep holding me back. Some people need to retire to make room for the up and coming youngbucks like me to advance. So many older folk in the Navy. I'm just playing. I wish everyone a long and successful career. Ugh, my burrito needs to hurry up and finish cooking. Yeah, that's right. I have a frozen burrito in the oven. Who knew that it took 40 minutes in the oven? The insides are theoretically going to be molten hot lava when I pull it out of there. If I'm lucky, the whole thing will be warm and not just like the center area that tends to be molten hot when you cook them in the microwave. 

     Last night was a pretty good night. I made supper for everyone and the leftovers are sitting in the fridge right now. I made Lemon Pepper and Herb diced chicken with peas and rice. You just asked, "Well Wickid, if you have leftovers, why are you making a burrito?" My wife ended up falling asleep while I was making supper last night. I made her a plate and got it all covered and into the refrigerator. I even have a bowl leftover for me. The most impressive thing about last night's supper was the fact that all of the boys tried it. Damen even ate two helpings of the chicken. Lucas tried three bites of peas and chicken, which is all that was required. Eli ate his required bites too. At their age, we only require them to eat the number of bites equivalent to their age. For example, Eli is 6 so he is required to take 6 bites of a new food. I don't believe in them taking small bites so of course the wife and I see to it that the bites are of a pretty decent size for them so that they can at least get some sort of flavor from the bite. I was rather surprised that he even did it without a fight. Then again, his mother was sleeping on the couch so I think he knew better than to argue with me. 

     Ah, the joys of having supper sitting at my desk listening to the kids' show and counting down the minutes until bed time. Then it is a quick clean up of the living room followed by about 2 hours of Diablo 3 with my buddy. Something that I have looked forward to today since the wife is at work. I probably should maybe get to be at a reasonable hour, but 10 p.m. is still rather decent. It theoretically grants me about 7 hours of sleep. You know, I find it strange that the shows from my youth really haven't changed much, but it always made me think about what would happen if the shows were actually real. If only I could be in those worlds. Some things would be made a lot easier. HAHA! I'm just kidding. Fantasy worlds just aren't that practical.

     Well, since I have very little time left and the kids are starting to test my nerves, I shall leave you guys here to read this and ponder what it is you are going to do tomorrow. Always enjoy the Friday as it comes to you. It just means that the weekend is just around the corner and then it is on to Monday. Monday sucks, we all know that, but it doesn't stop it from coming.

Until next time, Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment