Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Massive Disdain

     Welcome back ladies and gentleman! This is Wickid live on scene in the kitchen for the latest in the World of Wickid. Almost like WoW, but much better. 

     We are here for the 91st edition of The Arena and the cycle of fun starts again. Today I found out a multitude of things. Some of them good and some of them bad. I have had a perception shift with a few items that are in my life. Again, both good and bad. I just found out this morning that I did not make E-6 this time around. Another exam down and another round of PNA points. For those of you that are scratching your heads, PNA stands for Pass Not Advanced. It is what they give you as a consolation prize for not being good enough to make rank. There was 218 people that took the STS1 exam in March. Out of all of those people, only 28 were lucky enough to be "selected" as the new crop of First Class Petty Officers. It literally works out to a 12.84% chance of putting on the final chevron. While I was hopeful to be one of those twenty eight, deep down I had a feeling that I didn't do well enough to join the E-6 club. I was right. I can't even say that I was passed over because that's just it, I wasn't "passed" over, I just didn't score well enough on the test to make rank. So as I make supper for myself and the kids, I ponder about what could have been and what will hopefully be later in my career. I'm to the point now where I'm not running out of time, but it is coming down to the wire of what I want to do as opposed to what I need to do. Truth be told, I only have four years left of my career if I fail to make rank, which means that I just didn't have enough juice to finish the twenty that I want to do. Will that upset me? Of course it will! I have a goal and I would be rather distraught if I was to fail to meet it. I don't typically fail things. I miss the mark quite often, but it's rare that I fail. So I feel bad because I didn't make it. My wife would love to quit her job so that she can start being a stay at home mom again. As much as I like having the second income, I would rather her stay at home with the kids so that she isn't always stressed out and tired.

     My children have also found a new way to frustrate me beyond all belief. Eli and Carter are the only children old enough to have homework from school. That is an obvious thing. Today after I got them home from school, they sat down to do homework because I totally forgot to have them do it over the course of the weekend. They get new homework packets on Thursday and have all week to complete them. Well, the weekend and the following Monday through Wednesday to get it all done. For some strange reason, both of them like to become lazy and try to get me to do their homework for them. As much as I love them and the fact that they are rather smart, it fills me with a sense of massive disdain that they try this on me. It is so frustrating to have to sit there and watch them purposefully get the answers wrong instead of doing the work. Yeah, I check their homework and I make sure they find their way to the correct answers so that they can get the best grade possible. I value education and I want them to have the best one possible. So when they decide that they want to be lazy, I get very upset at them. Some of Carter's work is actually a little weird to understand. I do some complicated stuff on the submarine when I am actually doing my job, but when I read some of his stuff, I have to read it about four time before I actually understand what it is that the question is requiring. So I know that he actually might have a little trouble understanding it, but Eli has some pretty easy work. Like really easy work. Things that even Damen can do right now and he is still in preschool. It might be an unfair advantage because of Damen having Autism and him learning things at a very rapid rate. There are still some things that he won't understand quite yet, but for the most part he can get almost anything for a first grader. 

     I was last on here a week ago and it seems like this has become the norm for me when it comes to you guys. I have tried to get on more often, but with the early mornings and the fact that by the time lunch rolls around I feel like I need to sleep for a good 12 hours before I can get anything accomplished. Now, ideally, I should already be used to this schedule with little problems staying awake until after the kids go to bed. Right now I am doing okay because I had just over seven hours of sleep last night. I also got to get up a half an hour later than I did yesterday. I do have plans to drown the little boys and then go lay down for the night. The big kids had their showers last night. I think that I have a good system going with staggering the bath nights for each group of boys. It definitely does make things easier. I'm not trying to rush 4 kids through the water in a single night. 

     I got introduced to another game yesterday thanks to a buddy of mine. It's a mobile game called AdVenture Capitalist. Look it up on the Google Play and try it out if you want. It's a rather easy game that is just there for me to burn up some time with when I'm not really doing anything. In fact, it is going right now while I sit here and type this all out for you guys. The basic premise of this game is that you are a poor man that starts out with a lemonade stand. You spend the profits upgrading this little stand until you buy a manager so that the timer goes down and repeats its process automatically. The more profit you make, the better the stuff you can buy. There are a total of ten different ways to gain money. You obviously have to get the profits to buy the better things. The more you upgrade your "businesses", the faster the timer goes and the faster you make money. You can even watch advertisements to gain a double profit bonus for four hours. You can only do this 5 times a day, but the 30 second advertisements are worth the four hour bonus. After you start making into the trillions of dollars, you start getting angels that you can sacrifice to "start all over again". It is worth starting over again because you make more money faster. Its a little difficult to explain. If you go to www.YouTube.com, you can find videos for the game. It is really fun. My friend has had the game for only like 2 weeks and he is into some seriously big worded monetary values. He makes more money than he spends in the game. It is rather amazing. 

     We also got custody of Feylin again. Due to the recent issues at my sister in-law's house, she has asked us to take care of him for a little while longer until she can get the rest of the deposit paid off for her apartment for him to reside there. I don't mind personally, but my wife has some few choice words that she is keeping to herself about it. She understands, but she isn't happy about it. We finally got Chloe (our dog) to get her house training under control and not to be a jealous little puppy. It was nice to only have to worry about one dog. I'm just ready to not have to worry about anybody else but my family. One day I won't have to worry about supporting other people. One day.

     It is about that time for me to start drowning my littlest children so that I can get them into bed and the big kids can clean up. I'm so ready for this Hump Day to be over. At least I have lunch with my wife to look forward to tomorrow. Mongolian BBQ is so delicious!!

From the couch that is in the Arena, this is Wickid signing off. I'm out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment