Saturday, April 25, 2015

Slow Saturday Fun

     Welcome back to the 84th edition of the Arena. We are here in the living room on a very slow Saturday where the weather is about as moody as a pregnant woman in her first trimester. It has been sunny, rainy, chilly, and warm all in the same day. We have had a bit of fun today even though the day started out rather rough for me. I'm not sure why, but I just wasn't in the mood to put up with anybody or their shenanigans this morning. Of course, that led to me being in trouble with the old lady because I was being a jerk to everyone. Things have gotten better since then because the kids did what they needed to do and I was able to have my coffee this morning without actually murdering someone. 

     Today we celebrated Lucas' third birthday today with cake and chicken nuggets and pizza. Today will be a rather lazy easy day for everybody because of this. The only cooking that was done was when I made the cake this morning while I was in the middle of cleaning the kitchen. My wife picked up some boxes from work and we made little cardboard cars for the kids to sit in to make it seem like they were at a drive-in in the living room. We had pizza delivered today so that there was no actual issue with having to do things that required a lot of time. Oh, and I cooked the chicken nuggets in the oven, so there was more than just the cake that was done. I could easily go back and delete that line so it doesn't exist, but then it would just make this post shorter and I'm not all about doing that. There isn't going to be much to do tonight so I think that I will relax tonight with Netflix and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I have some things to do on that game and I would really like to play it tonight. I get to go back to doing housework tomorrow. 

     Things will be a little easier tomorrow night since Carter is going back to his dad's house for the next two weeks. That and my schedule is now a firm day shift schedule because that is what the Chief and the boss both wanted. I wanted to go back to swing shift, but after being told that I would have to transfer to a different shop, I decided that it was just better this way since I will be going back to a boat soon and I won't be able to choose what my schedule will be. I figured I would pop in and say hi and drop you guys a new edition since my lady is sleeping on the couch. I think she might be going to work tonight, but I'm not sure. She said that her boss told her that she could work a few hours tonight and tomorrow if she wanted to. I think I might try to convince her to go in for a bit so that she can get back into the swing of working before her schedule next week kicks in. I don't know how many hours she is working, but I do know that she will be at work most of the week so I will be on my own at night with the kids. I can handle it. I just have to figure out what to make for the boys since I know Luke will pretty much eat only chicken nuggets for his meals.

     He went to his well child checkup yesterday and the doctors are concerned about his weight. He seems to have dropped off the growth chart again and that is a problem. The doctors say that if we can't get him to gain weight, there is a possibility of having to put him on an NG tube so that we can get some calories into him to help him gain weight. It is a last resort option so we are hoping that we can get him to gain some weight and maybe find something other than chicken nuggets to eat. We have our fingers crossed and we hope that the good vibes you guys will send after reading this will help out in our constant struggle to get him to eat more than a few things. 

     As I mentioned earlier, this episode of the Arena is being brought to you from the living room. I think I mentioned a few posts ago that I got the desk downstairs so that we could have a place to do budgeting and bills since we pretty much do everything on the computer. Things are moving at a slow pace in getting the house back in order, but they are coming along. I just need to finish cleaning the carpets in the boys rooms so that everything upstairs can be done. Unfortunately, we can't move the toys and stuff upstairs until after that is done. The spare bedroom will be holding furniture while the carpets are being cleaned. I will do each room on a different day so that there isn't too much pressure to try to do them both in the same day. That and the fact that Eli doesn't always go straight to sleep when he is told and I don't want him in his little brother's room keeping them up most of the night. That will require me to be mean and I really don't want to do that right now. 

     Well, its time for me to go. I have kids to relax with and a little bit of cleaning to do later once everything gets settled down. Plus, I think it is almost time for me to change the movie. Lucas chose to watch Paw Patrol and Mickey Mouse for his drive-in movie day. They already watched Mickey Mouse so they are now on to Paw Patrol. Did you know one of the strangest things about being a parent is being able to pretty much sing any kid's show theme song at any random time throughout the day? Luckily for me I have been able to forget most of them. The shows that they tend to watch rather frequently have stuck in my head and that is unfortunate, but alas, it is the things that I do for my kids because I love them. At least some of their shows are decent. Blaze and the Monster Machines makes me question whether or not the damn car is a superhero or not because they tend to break the laws of physics with some of the things that car does. That is a story for another time though.

     You guys enjoy the rest of your Saturday and I hope that the weather is nicer than it is where I am at. 


Until next time, from the Arena, this is Wickid signing off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment