Sunday, May 31, 2015

End of May

     It is Sunday the final day of the month of May in the year of 2015. We are back again for issue 93 of The Arena. We are one day closer to no more school for my children and another day closer to the beginning of football season. I'm so excited to get the season started again. There are a lot of things that you guys have missed that I will now have the joy of updating you about. 
     Since last Saturday, a lot of things have happened. I got a nice 4 day weekend last weekend due to some well placed cleaning and a few shenanigans later. I do love a good scam to get out of things. It makes me enjoy being part of something with people of the same mindset. So I spent the weekend with the kids and they spent some time outside. My wife spent most of the time at work since she, you know, has responsibilities and such. So I got to spend a lot of time at home with the children being able to watch TV and play with toys and such. I spent some of my time hanging out and relaxing, but I even did some chores around the house just because they needed to be done and I was going to be the one to do them. I even was nice enough to do some dishes and cook some dinner. Tuesday through Thursday passed by with a quickness. I lost those three days because I wasn't really paying attention. Work flew by and I was in and out like the flash. Wednesday was an easy-ish day because I went to work with a horrible stomach and I was home about 20 to 30 minutes later. I have a civilian supervisor that is nice enough to notice when people are sick and sends them home so that nobody else gets infected. So I got lucky enough to spend Wednesday at home. I tried going back to sleep when I got home, but the kids got up relatively early for school and I went downstairs and was able to fall asleep again until about ten thirty. The TV and Netflix was my savior for the little boys. They do love being able to watch their kiddie shows. 
     As I lay here in bed trying to focus on this and remember the events of the week, I find myself distracted by watching M.A.S.H. on Netflix. I'm in season 10 out of 11 so I am finally almost done. Thursday was spent doing menial paperwork and randomly walking around doing random things. Friday, I spent the day quickly doing a cleanup followed by a trip home to get changed and I headed out to Tacoma with my buddy so that we could go to my Chief's re-enlistment ceremony. We got treated to some wings and some potato wedges. Came home to a nice nap that lasted all of two and half hours because I had to take my sister in-law back to her apartment. She came over long enough to watch the dogs so that they weren't outside in the heat all day. I know that I said heat. It has been a decent week or so with nice sunshine and some high temperatures. I took her home and made it back in time for my buddy to come back to the house to pick me up so that we could make our way through the Friday afternoon traffic all the way to Kent so that we could be present for an LFL game. Basically, its a football game with women in pads and sports bras and boy shorts. Pretty much lingerie without it being all super sexy like. I was actually surprised to see those women going hard and playing like they meant it. They were beating the hell out of each other. It was fabulous. The quarters were only ten minutes long and it was a good ten minutes. The quarterback for the visiting team had an arm on her. She threw two long bombs that went for touchdowns. Now to set the stage, has any of you seen arena football? A 50 yard long field with the 25 yard line being midfield. They were on the 15 on their side of the field. She chucked this ball 30 yards and the receiver did the rest of the work. I was really impressed with the game. I think I might find a way to go back so that I can get better acquainted with the game. I think I might even convince the wife to go with me so that she can enjoy the game too. Those girls were even muscle-y and stuff. Like 8 abs on their stomachs. I gotta go back. The tickets were rather cheap too. Must research the schedule and stuff. Saturday came and went like a flash as well. I think I spent some of the afternoon playing Monster Hunter. I had to put in some work, leave me alone. I need some finger exercises to keep me fresh. That and I really do like playing that game. 
     It is time however, for me to get off here and turn the light off so that I can find a way to get some shut eye before my lovely lady comes and joins me in bed for the night. I swear that woman works too hard. Lucky for her, she gets tomorrow off. I can't wait until she doesn't have to work much anymore so that I can sleep with her every night. I do like the snuggles. With that, I bid you a good evening and good morning(depending on your location) and I will see you again in Episode 94 when I return to The Arena.

I'm out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment