Thursday, April 2, 2015

Another Day in the Life

     Welcome to day 92 of the year of 2015. What a year it has been so far. I would say that it has been rather awesome, but then I would be called a liar and I don't like to do things like that. Well, I try not to lie at least. The little white lie here and there that is necessary is sometimes, well, necessary. 
     My wife is yet again in the hospital for reasons we can't explain. This year alone, she has been in the hospital roughly a dozen times already. A couple surgeries here and there, a few doctors visits, and a few emergency room visits. By a few, I mean a lot. I try not to exaggerate for you folks because you guys come here of your own free will and read this stuff at your leisure. Friday the 13th, way back last month, we went out and got tattoos. Simple, cheap, rather meaningless tattoos. Don't judge me, but I like my needles covered in ink. It's just who I am. My body is my temple and I will decorate it the way I please. I won't be one of those people that chooses to shun those with ink. I have it and it's my choice not yours. I can end my life tomorrow and say that it was a damn good one. We had fun and I have stories to tell. Will my life end tomorrow? Check back tomorrow and I'll let you know. This time, my wife is in for severe leg pain in her lower left leg. Started a few weeks back. Apparently, she has some nerve damage in the area around her ankle. It just so happens to coincide with where she got her most recent tattoo. The tattoo isn't infected or anything so don't worry about that. According to her doctor, there is a nerve that runs near the skin there and apparently the tattoo needle damaged it a little. The pain has made it to where she has issues sleeping, she's irritated all of the time, and she can't work or stand for very long. 
     So now we are down to her getting very little hours at work which makes her worry that she won't have a job for too much longer. She has the fear that they will terminate her employment because she is always hospital bound. I hope that they don't do that, but I have no control over what they do. I just want her to get better so that she can have her life back. The one where she is mobile, working, and not in any pain. It is very discouraging to know that she is always in pain or always in the hospital. Not something that I enjoy seeing. Makes me worry just that much more. 
     
     Here we are though, standing in the kitchen, making supper for the children and myself. I happened to have had surgery myself on Monday. Not a good way to start the week right? Wrong! They doped me up so good that I don't remember much past getting my fat ass over to the operating table. Yes, they kept me awake until I went into the operating room. I don't know what they gave me, but I know that I didn't last much past laying my head down on the pillow that was on the table. I woke up roughly two hours later a little groggy, but able to stand and walk all on my own. I'm pretty sure that this is the fastest that I have ever recovered from surgery because I refused the wheelchair ride. I was in and out of sleep for the rest of Monday though so it is a Monday that I was happy to not be a part of. I have been up and mobile since then with little breaks every now and then. It is now Thursday and I have pretty much had the kids and the house all to myself. Beverly was home for a little bit, but she left around mid morning to get herself to work. I really think that she needs a telecommuting job that allows her to work from the comfort of our home. If she does that, she doesn't have to deal with people or traffic or any of the normal things that the rest of the working people have to deal with. I guess I should probably talk to her and not you guys about it. I'll get around to it whenever it is that she gets home. It all depends on her mood. I know she only had about three hours of sleep so she will probably just go lay down and get some rest. I swear that woman is the unluckiest person in the world. Unless of course you play Monster Hunter. We tend to have the worst luck. Desire sensor problems. You don't know about that if you haven't played the game for more than about 30 or 40 hours trying to get a single part. 

     Yes, I even have music playing while I am cooking. Luckily the kids didn't want anything too difficult to make so I can multitask tonight. Thankfully, the moving out process has started for my sister in-law. She has started moving her stuff to her new apartment that she got with her friends. Now, truth be told, most of us don't give them longer than a few months. I give them roughly 6 months. It's the length of their lease. Hopefully, they make it longer than that. I want to be proven wrong this time. Rare for me to say I know, but there are some things that I would rather not be right about. This is one of those times. I want her and her friends to succeed so that I no longer have to take care of them. I'm not rich by any means so taking care of people other than my wife and kids makes me uneasy. That whole losing my job due to debt and money issues scares me. It's a real and legitimate thing. I've seen someone bounced from the military for their money issues. Losing my security clearance, something that I have worked rather hard to get and maintain, is always on the line. Let's just say that I like my job and the secure feeling that it gives me.

     Well, off to eat my supper and get the kiddos all settled down later for bed. Hopefully the wife will be home soon. Later guys and gals!!


Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment