Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day Walker???

     As most of you know, I work a lot at night. I feel like a vampire already whenever I walk into a dark Sonar shack on the submarine. This night job, as I like to call it, is a nice way to continue in my vampire traditions. Well, since my surgery at the end of March, I have been up and down with sleep. Not that I haven't been getting any sleep, just haven't found the right juju to keep the sleeps going. I have started working the day shift since I am light limited duty. Let me tell you, swing shift is a godsend. I can't stand having to mind my P's and Q's and making sure that I am seen by people. I just can't do it. I have spent so much time "in the dark" that I want to keep it that way. I was under the impression that I was only to do one week (this week) as a member of day shift before returning to my regularly scheduled programming. I got told yesterday that I was to remain on day shift until the end of the pay period. I'm unsure as to why it matters because I get paid differently then the civilian employees do. My "time" really doesn't matter since I get paid on a 24/7/365 pay scale. One of the few perks of being active duty. I get that money all the time. Not like I'm rich or anything, but I do enjoy knowing that every action I make, whether it is meaningful or not, is a paid action. Sitting here right now, typing this out for you guys means I am getting paid to be a blogger. Go ahead and just add that to the list of things that I am known for doing. It'll be okay. 

     So now that I am considering myself a "daywalker", I find it hard to stay up like I normally do. See, usually I am still up and going at this time instead of wanting to crawl into bed and go to sleep. Right now the yawning won't stop and I still have three kids to bathe. Two of them are in the tub now. The third sits in his room playing Lego Batman on the XBox. Not that he is spoiled or anything. 

**After that "quick" commercial break**

     As I was saying, he isn't spoiled or anything. He is currently in his room right now living it up and playing games. During the spring break we are letting him stay up as late as he wants so that he theoretically sleeps in. He has slept in for a little bit. As long as he is quiet we don't care. At least he will have his brother coming back to be here with us on Sunday. At least school starts next week. 

     You know what is weird? It takes most of my energy to get through three bathing cycles. Well, four if you count the fact that I have to wash Lucas and then Damen. Now that I am showered and shaved, its time to relax and hopefully get some shut eye before 2300 tonight. I;m not sure how well that is going to work out, but we are damn sure going to try. 

     I have noticed that the number of views for each post has been increasing as of late. You guys are AWESOME!! Keep up the views and enjoying the reading. See you guys later!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment