Saturday, April 18, 2015

Irritating Things

     Welcome back to The Arena! It has been a few days since I have been on here to come talk to you guys. I do apologize for that. Things have been rather busy here around the House of Wickid. As most of you know who read the last post, I have been moved over to a schedule of day shift for work. Not the most ideal of schedules, but it has been something that we have been able to work around. On the newest things that I haven't been able to post recently.

     First and foremost, I have been told that I will be stuck on days for a little while longer. I'm not too happy about this because I was told two days ago that I was going back to my regularly scheduled programming for swings. I like it much better there because it completely fits into the way we were doing things here at home. There is just something very difficult about trying to explain to two little autistic children that mommy has to go to work so that we can have food and pay bills and have money to do fun things. It's really hard to do when they are having a meltdown. So, of course, when given the information yesterday about staying on days, I became rather irritated and annoyed. How hard is it to just do what you say you are going to do? I know that the boss may have his reasons for saying what he did, but for the love of gawd please inform the little people so we know why. I don't like being told things without a reason. A logical sound reason would have stopped me from getting so upset. I went to talk to my Chief about the issue and he was busy doing something that needed his full attention. So, on Monday, I will get to spend a little time talking to him about getting me back to the swing shift so that it better coincides with my schedule. I don't like causing trouble or stepping on people's toes, but sometimes it just has to be done. I will let you guys know how that conversation goes. If he doesn't plan on fighting for me, then I guess I will just suck it up and deal with it for the final 14 months of shore duty. 

     Update to the moving process of the sister-in-law. She finally has her room cleaned out. She is coming over today to go through some of the last little bit of things that she has here so that we can finish up the process. We already have the bedroom mostly cleaned. The bathroom in the master bedroom is done and I have a closet with the hang up clothes in there ready to go. Since we have two closets in the master, the wife and I will each get our own closet. It will definitely make things a lot easier when putting clothes away. I meant to finish cleaning up the floor last night so that I could clean the carpet in there and have it ready to be moved into this morning. In fact, when I get done here I need to go do that. Then again I am home with the children by myself so I probably won't get to it until after my wife gets home. 

      Speaking of the wife, she has now been prepped for her third surgery in 4 months. This time they are trying to save her remaining ovary. If they can't, they will end up taking it and she will no longer have her ovaries. Sucks major balls, but there is no sense in her keeping something that is causing her immense pain. The surgery is theoretically supposed to be starting here in the next 15 minutes or so. I am obviously not there because I am here with the children. She ended up having to work last night, so she wasn't home with me. I woke up to that message this morning and have been cleaning and listening to music to keep me distracted. Now that I am taking a "quick break" from the cleaning, I figured I would drop you guys a line to let you know that I am still alive and kicking. Life can't keep me down for long. 

     In case you were wondering, I am healing up nicely from my surgery and I am back to about 95% efficiency in my capability to do things. There is still some residual pain and tenderness, but nothing that I can't handle with a quick pill. No, I'm not taking narcotics. Simple ibuprofen is taking care of the issue. I have spent the last week at work doing actual manual labor and getting things that need to be done, done. I feel rather accomplished with myself.

     Things have gotten about a million times better between me and my wife. As you may recall, we went through a bit of a rough patch because I am an idiot and made poor decisions. Those days are behind us and we have been moving in a nice forward direction. I have been keeping up on the housework and keeping myself out of trouble. For the most part. I still get into trouble from time to time, but its just who I am. It's like I'm a guy or something. 

     Due to my wife's health issues, she has been kept out of work for a bit. It seems like every time she is able and ready to go to work, something happens that takes her out of work for a few days. That job she had at Subway on base has ended because they have been verbally bashing her about it all. They knew when she was hired that she had health issues. They seemed to either have ignored that part or completely missed it when she told them. Needless to say, she is getting a note together, along with her uniforms, so that I can go drop it all off for her and sever ties with a group of employees that are just complete asshats. She was doing good there. Apparently, they were wanting to make her a shift leader because she was just so awesome. She obviously isn't taking that position since she is quitting. It's better this way because at least I know at Jack In the Box, the manager will accommodate as necessary to have her shifts covered. I'm glad that the manager is our friend because this wouldn't be happening otherwise. 

     As the music plays and I have the oven heating up to make lunch, I am reminded that it is Saturday and you know what that means. Bohica2k Radio is playing tonight. Hopefully, I can get some free time during bath time and things that need to be done tonight to get some fresh happy tunes shoved into my ears and enjoy some good music. Pandora radio is alright, but there is nothing like the radio station that my uncle runs. If you haven't checked it out, stop on over to www.b2kradio.com tonight around 10 p.m. eastern standard time. (add or subtract as necessary to figure out when it will start playing for you. It plays at 7 p.m. west coast time.) Drop in and listen to the club like tunes without having to stand in line and pay a cover charge. Plus, you can enjoy the comforts of your own home and even dance naked. (if that is your thing.)

     With that little bit of advertising done, it is time for me to finish lunch for the children while feeding myself. I know that if I don't eat I will get rather cranky. So, enjoy the post and your Saturday. I am off to do things that I need to be doing. Have fun and if you can, go outside and enjoy some nice weather. It's sunny and relatively warm here in good old Washington state. I'm OUT!!

Wickid

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh rude! It deleted both comments. Anywho, the wife is doing good. She's out of surgery and coming to. Just a big bruise on the ovary and the were able to save it. So the best outcome for everyone that is concerned. She just needs to get some rest and let everything heal.

    ReplyDelete