Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend Fun

     This has definitely been one hell of a weekend. The week itself wasn't much to brag about and the last couple days haven't been either, but the story does need its telling and I am here to do just that. Kind of makes me feel like a reporter. 

     It has been one of those weeks that I kind of wish I could do all over again because of everything that went wrong. Well, I can't say that everything went wrong because there were some things that went right. There are just some things that you can't get back and there are things that you wish you could do forever and ever. 

     The week went rather fast with everything that goes on here at the house. Appointments, therapies, work, cleaning. You name it, we probably do it. We had two birthdays this week. My oldest stepson and my wife. As you saw from my last post, I kind of screwed up my wife's birthday. Not the best move for a husband to do. My mistake and I am fixing it. I found out Friday that I have first watch on Wednesday. Typically, I don't have that watch because my section leaders all know that I have therapies for the little kids that day. You would think with the amount of times that I have told them this, they would listen and learn not to do that to me. Ah, that's the life of the military though. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. So of course I am trying to get them to change it before Wednesday. It might not happen, but at least I am attempting it. Yesterday was spent at Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party for my oldest stepson. I really don't have a problem with that place, but when we are there at least twice a year for a birthday, it kind of gets old. Plus, it's a quick way to lose about 200 bucks. Between tokens and food for the party, it can get rather expensive. Such is the life of parents with multiple children. Hopefully Eli will pick somewhere other than that place for his party this year. Maybe I can talk him into bowling or something. Maybe even using this summer's planned road trip for his party too. We shall see what happens. 

     Last night ended pretty badly too. We went out for supper with the boys and had a decent time. We ate at the Golden Grill Mongolian BBQ place that we tend to frequent when we get the urge to eat there. It's an all you can eat place that is just fantastic. We aren't sure what was going on last night, but the service was rather terrible. We usually have great service from everyone there. From the hostess to the cook, everyone is usually rather friendly. Not last night though. Last night they were borderline rude and uncaring. It's easily forgivable because they were just probably having a bad day. Things like that happen to everyone you know. We got home and come to find out, my beautiful wife had been dealing with abdomen pain for a few hours. Over the course of about an hour and a half, it got progressively worse for her. My mother in law ended up taking her to the ER so that she could get checked out. They ran some tests and did some "medical" stuff, yet found "nothing" wrong with my wife. I'm a firm believer of someone knowing their own body. If the doctors and the nurses would just listen to people, things would be a lot easier. Needless to say, they sent her home with pain medicine and no real answers. Modern medicine fails again. Either way, not a way to end her night.

     Now on to today. I got to sleep in until almost 9 o'clock. Rare for me on any day of the week. Helps when the sister in law doesn't have to work because her shift got covered. She ended up in the ER yesterday as well. That happens to apparently be the favorite place for my wife and her sister. I don't like either of them being there but sometimes they just have to go. So now I have one laid up in her bed in her room, one laid up on the couch with kids cuddling her and I'm running around getting things done (as soon as I finish this). Hopefully, the more I do today, the less I have to do tomorrow. All those appointments and such to get done. One day, I won't have to adult so early in the morning. 

     With that being said, the biscuits are about to come out of the oven and I have to run myself to the store for some supplies. I will leave this here, right here, for you to peruse at your most opportune time. Have it.

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment