Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It is your Destiny

     This was supposed to be the post from last night but I got to have a man date with a buddy of mine. By man date, I mean that we got to play Diablo 3 for a few hours instead of me doing the normal things that I do before bed.
     I also enjoyed doing a full two day marathon of watching all of the Star Wars films just because I can. That is why the title of this post is what it is. I would have done it all in a day, but with the whole having to get up with the children in the morning to get them going kind of makes it hard for me to stay up as late as I used to. I'm still not getting the right amount of sleep that I need, but that's life for you. My wife also happened to pick up another PS3 that had a copy of Destiny included in the bundle. She picked it up from someone else on a resale site so it was nice and cheap. What makes it even better is now there is gaming going on completely through the house.
     Yesterday was a pretty decent day that started out rather slow, but picked up as the day progressed. Grocery shopping was accomplished. Children went to their therapies. I did some chores and got the house just that much cleaner. I figure that I am destined to clean my house everyday until the boys are teenagers and pretty much able to fend for themselves. I don't always like to clean, but when I do, there is loud music playing to keep me motivated. I spent better part of my afternoon doing little things around the house in preparation for my video game time that happened last night. We even went out and tried a new restaurant called Dickey's BBQ. I was expecting it to be like every other BBQ joint that I have ever been to. You know, the kind where you sit down, order, and wait for the food to come to you. You get to spend the waiting time talking to family and laughing while smelling the awesome aromas that are coming from the kitchen. Dickey's BBQ is unlike what I just described. It has more of a fast food feel to it than anything else. You order your food, move down the line as it gets made and then you pay for it and take your tray to your seat. Not something that I really wanted to experience at a BBQ joint. The meats were really that hot. They were cooked and "warm", but it wasn't really enjoyable. We really went there because we got gift cards for Christmas from my In-laws. Free money is always nice and the trip was fun. It is just that the restaurant experience left something to be desired.
     As I sit here, eating my pigs in a blanket, I want to look back on a year that was full of turmoil. Most of it was my fault and there was a period of time where I was unapproachable and unresponsive for a lot of things. I was closed off and wanted it to stay that way. Needless to say, after a number of fights and issues, things have pretty much gone back to normal. There are some things that need to be worked on, but nothing to serious.
     I didn't really want to end this on a somber note, but I really don't have anything else for you until later tonight when I start writing the issue for the New Year's Resolution which will be so aptly titled "New Year's Resolution". So take a breather for a little bit, jump on over to B2kradio.com to check out some of the tunes from everyone's favorite DJ +Chuck Bisbee, and wait for the new issue to come out later tonight. For now......

This is SPARTA!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment