Sunday, December 28, 2014

Last Sunday

     Welcome to the last Sunday of 2014!! Final Sunday of the year means the final week of regular season football. As I stand in the kitchen prepping lunch for the kids and eyeballing the TV in the living room, I am reminded that I haven't done "the last" anything in over a year now. Usually I count down "the last" stuff during the final week of an underway. Haven't had to worry about that so I haven't done it. It is nice to think about those days again knowing that in the short year and a half I have left on shore duty will go by in a flash. It usually happens when you are kind of anticipating going back to the fun portion of your job.

     As my wife sleeps on the couch I am also reminded that I don't even remember the last time I got to fall asleep on the couch. Then again, I haven't really been sick at all this year so I really haven't needed to nap. I look back to my childhood and kick myself in the rear because now I really wish that I would have taken all of those naps that my parents tried to make me take. Ah the old hindsight being 20/20 comment. The past is the past and it will never change. On to the present!

     I know that I have been doing pretty good and making sure that I get on here once a day to update the site and throw up a pub just because I can. I actually missed last night because I got so deep into a House, M.D. marathon that by the time I realized what was happening, it was 1130 at night. I guess I did ignore the little tweeting voice in my head telling me to pick up the computer and type something out for you guys to have last night. Today's issue will come in twos. You will get one now and before I go to bed tonight, you will get your second issue hot off the press. Just a preview of what you will see to come in the following year. If I miss a day with you guys, the following day will be made up with multiple posts so that you won't get the opportunity to really miss anything. Wednesday will be a happy day for you guys because you will get to read all about the new and exciting things that will be happening in 2015. The things I plan to do, want to do, and will do. The things I won't do, try not to do, and hopefully don't do. It kind of repeats itself but it is a necessary evil.
     I was asked the other day if I had enough technology around me. Let me set this up for you. I was playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on my PS3, which was connected to my 60" TV. I had my phone in my lap because I was talking to 3 different people via text, and I had my Chromebook open surfing the web. Now I can multitask rather effectively. I can talk and piss you off at the same time while finding time to annoy someone else completely. Technology is all around us and I find that trying to avoid it is futile. There are days where I actually do unplug. I do things like chores around the house, read the newspaper, do the puzzles in the newspaper, and generally hang out around the house. Those days are very quiet and they tend to be few and far between. Then again, I grew up with Sega and Nintendo so I really have never been in a time where I haven't had something that wasn't a piece of technology. I remember the year that I got a Playstation one and final fantasy VII. Probably the greatest RPG of all time (in my opinion). I spent so many hours playing that game. Anywho, before I digress completely....

     Usually Sundays for me are my lazy day. The day where I do nothing but watch TV and relax before starting the crazy week that I have every week. For those that have been keeping up with me, I have four kids with two of them being special needs. My youngest finally got diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. So now I have a load of more things piled up onto me. I would go into the details of it but that requires another 10 to 15 minutes of just trying to remember everything that I have to do from Monday to Wednesday. Luckily things are kind of calm right now since school is out for winter break. In the coming year I have to be prepared to carry a workload for quite a long time. It's something that I have been preparing to do but haven't actually done.

     During the typing of all of this though, I have prepared three different lunches and am still cooking the last one. Again, huge multi-tasker here lol. I still have plenty of things to do today because there is still plenty to do around the house. Laundry day, cleaning day, football day.... The list goes on and on. I do have help this time though even if she is still feeling bad. She is such a trooper. I admire her for her amazing strength to get things done even when she feels horrible. May I introduce the wife? Lol she won't actually be typing but she is around and getting some things done.

     As I finish out this issue I would like to remind everyone to be excellent to each other. Know the movie reference? Type it in the comments below and give me a topic to write about. I'll let you choose.

This is SPARTA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment