Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday.....

     It is that tragic day yet again. It seems like this comes every week. A Monday that doesn't suck is like going on a diet expecting the best results. Unless you stick it out, the results are going to be the same. I try not to be too drab on a Monday, but it is very hard to look forward to the beginning of a week. Monday always brings early mornings with no enough time to get everything that needs to be done done. I do however, don't have much to do except catching up on laundry and chilling out with the kids. We are re-watching Episode IV of Star Wars again because my oldest stepson didn't get to watch it last night. I made the kids go to bed since it was rather late. I figured that I would be nice enough to continue the happy movie marathon and finish watching the good portion of the saga. I don't know why people think that Episode I through III was so good. I mean, yeah, seeing the back story to how everything unfolded to the events of Episodes IV, V, and VI was a good idea, but it does make me question why we got those episodes first. Visually, the first three episodes were really good. It's not that I don't understand the story because I do, I just don't see why they couldn't make them just a mite bit better. 
     I'm not even sure if I am excited for the new Episode VII to come out. It is being done by Disney if I'm not mistaken and the cameos by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher are going to be cool, but I'm more concerned about how it is all going to play out. At least I got my coffee first thing this morning before the kids got up. I'm not sure if I would have been nice to them. Since today happens to be the last Monday of the year, we shall see it through with nothing but movies. We are trying to expand the children's movie watching repertoire so that they will pick something more than the like five movies they always choose to watch. I'm sure that I did the same thing as a child. In our house, things are usually done by movie quotes and song lyrics. It makes life more exciting like that. 
     At least I got to start out my morning watching one of my boys clean up his lie from last night. I kind of wish that I would have found it last night, but I'm human and I tend to miss things from time to time. We had tuna noodle casserole for supper last night. My son didn't want to eat it because he said it looked funny or something. We made him try it because that is the rule in our house. He did and then told us that he at it all. I found it this morning dumped behind my deep freezer. We knew he was lying last night so I didn't have to yell at him again this morning about it. Basically, tuna creamy pasta from the tuna helper brand done in the oven. My wife makes it just a touch better with the cheese she sprinkles on the top. Normally I make it on the stove, but she makes it in the oven and it just tastes better. Then again, I'm kind of a terrible cook so I don't get to do much in the kitchen. The very limited things that I can cook are made sparingly. I am trying to learn though so that I can be just that much more helpful. Speaking of which, I should probably figure out what I want to make so that I can pull it out if necessary. I guess I can figure out what my lady wants to see if she wants anything in particular. I can wake her up later to find out. 
     It is very weird to be doing this early in the day since I haven't really had a chance to do anything of importance except go to work for roughly fifteen minutes to check in and show that I am alive and well. Such a waste of time and gas since I got released so quickly. It is whatever though because I won't have to put my uniform on again until later this week. I kinda can't wait to get back into the normal routine of going to work during the week. Leave is nice, but I start going crazy after a week of not going to work. I guess it is the price I pay for wanting to have a little mini vacation. At least I got paid through the whole two weeks. Life tends to be much cooler with a paycheck that doesn't depend on hours worked or clocking in. I will miss this job though once I have to either get out or retire. Depends on which comes first. Random question, does anybody else besides me want a lightsaber? I think it would be pretty cool to have one. I would want a red one though. I'm partial to the color red. 
     It is time for me to go though because the laundry won't wash, dry, or fold itself. Until next time, enjoy the previous issues and have some fun on a Monday.

This is SPARTA!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment