Sunday, December 28, 2014

Marathons

     This is another one of those posts that is a little misleading. What is the first thing that you think of when you see the word "Marathon"? Most people thing of marathon runner or marathon specials. Well in one of these lines of thinking, you would be correct. I am currently attempting to bang out a full marathon of the Star Wars films. I just started A New Hope about ten minutes ago. I don't think that I will actually get through the rest of the movies because I unfortunately have to get up rather early to go into work. Today was my final day of leave after two long weeks. It's cool though because the command is starting the second half of stand down so I am essentially just showing up and then coming home. I really do love days at work like that. It gives me much joy to know that I can still scam out of work for practically no reason. 
     Yesterday, I went through a marathon of House episodes on the Netflix. There is just something about having a narcissistic, addicted to pain medication doctor telling every one that they are idiots. It is nice watching the older star wars movies even if they have been remastered onto blu-ray discs. I haven't seen them in quite a few years. I even remember way back when +Chuck Bisbee and I used to sit down on his couch and spend the day, the entire day, watching the movie Dune. It was so much fun to just sit there on his couch, relaxing, listening to movie and trying to stay awake to watch the whole thing. It was a three disc long movie. I would like to find it again so that I can see if I can pull an all night movie run. 
     I'm finally to the part when Luke and the Droids enter the Mos Eisley Cantina. Harrison Ford all killing Greedo and shit. It was never a question of who shot first. I t was always a question of who died and we all know the answer to that. It was definitely Greedo that died. Now that I just finished watching that scene, Greedo really did shoot first. I can't believe that he actually missed. I mean, I know it was all part of the movie, but still. In fact, I am so distracted by this movie right now that I can't really focus on what I am doing here. 

Since I have said that, it is time for me to go and finish out my movie before I head up to my tomb.

This is SPARTA!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment