Friday, August 9, 2013

Recovering

Photo
Recovering from Surgery
Here I am yet again recovering from another surgery on my already destroyed ear. It is my left ear that has felt the most pain from a surgery. Between eight previous cyst removals and two ear drum replacements, my left ear has been through a lot. This time the doctor claims to have gotten all of it out of there so I shouldn't have any other issues with this side of my head. My wife affectionately calls all of my ear cysts by a different name each time just to make light of the situation. I am so tired of having surgery that I hope to gawd that the doctor got it all this time. I know that I look funny wearing the headgear, but that is what they put on me to keep the swelling down and to assist in holding in the tube that was helping the fluid drain from my ear. It sounded very weird every time they changed out the little test tube thing that was holding all of the collected fluid. I felt like I was losing brain matter every time it made the sucking noise of clearing out fluid. I don't have much brain to lose, but still, it was not a very happy sound to me. I didn't get much sleep last night because not only were they pumping an ass ton of fluids into me, but they decided that they wanted to change out my IV while I was dozing off. I was awake for about another hour after that little fiasco. I hate hospitals to begin with and taking forever to find a vein and then having issues getting an IV in and causing me pain will not change my opinion of any hospital. Thankfully, I am now sitting at home all nice and comfortable like. Trying to decide what I want to eat for supper because that is coming up soon. I am hoping that I can stay up for a little while and watch the couple of football games that are coming on tonight. 
     It also appears that a couple of my family members (in-laws) decided to trash the house and not really clean after they were done making supper and other things like that. I feel bad for my beautiful one because she didn't get much sleep either last night and she is now running around the house cleaning and sprucing up trying to get it back to the way we had it before I had surgery. I was being a good husband and helping around the house and doing chores quite regularly. I had a lapse of doing things because I never did get the list of things done that I needed to do before yesterday. I will remedy that once I get better and more mobile. I do know at some point over the course of my leave period (free 14 days yo!) I will be playing some Skyrim and other various XBox 360 games. Thanks to the helpful people of the +Skyrim community, I have learned some things that I would like to put to practice. Just need to have children sleeping and wife at work or willing to let me play while she is home. I was trying to play before I had my surgery, but every time I wanted to play someone was always on the TV and hogging up the couch. I blame my sister in-law for that. It is always her fault. 
     I also know that I am in a serious need of a shower, bath, water and soap, cleanliness. You know the she-bang. I need it. I don't like being dirty, well smelly, and I reek of hospital and stink. They don't have central A/C here in Washington and that happened to be the hottest hospital room I have ever stayed in. I was sweating all night and that doesn't help with my cleanliness issues. Luckily we are home and I went straight to bed and turned on the fan in the bedroom and stayed in bed for a few hours. Those damn fluids have been messing me up. Every time I went to the bathroom, I pretty much filled up the container they wanted me to pee in to monitor my hydration. Filled it up almost every time. They wouldn't take my IV out because the doctor wanted it in. I was going through about 30 ounces of water from a cup every hour and they still wouldn't take the IV out. I guess the doctor knows what he is talking about. I wasn't originally supposed to stay over night though. They told my wife right before she got my discharge medicine that I was going home. She gets back from getting my medicine and then they tell her that I am upstairs and that I have been admitted for the night. My kids were nice enough to make me some Get Well Soon cards. I love my littles so much!!
     Like I said, I'm at home and I'm recovering in private (well, public for you guys). I'm doing good and I will be up and going again within a few days. I just have to get the rest of the anesthesia out of my system and get some real food in my belly. Thank you loyal readers for standing by while I have been away.

From the Arena,

Wickid 

No comments:

Post a Comment