Monday, August 5, 2013

Are you ready???

Welcome back Sunday, welcome back.
Is America ready for Sundays to return to a T.V. screen near you? I know they are a welcome addition here at my house. There is nothing better than getting up around nine in the morning to children running around screaming "FOOTBALL!!". My kids love football season as much as I do. We like to spend the day getting the newspaper so that my wife can clip her coupons to save us money on groceries, and then we do a little work around the house. There is never enough work to do on a Sunday to justify spending the whole day cleaning. Once that is complete we spend the rest of the day sitting down in front of the T.V. watching the news and pregame shows to gets us ready for the fun that will last well into the night. Typically, there are nachos and regular chips with dip. We watch as many games as we possibly can during the day. Normally we focus on four games at a time because we follow four different teams. Luckily for us we have one team in each conference. There are a lot of intense rivalries once the games begin. My wife has tried to brainwash my children to liking her teams and only her teams. For the most part they agree with her, but sometimes I get lucky and they like my teams. As pictured below, you can see that the kids will follow her teams more than mine. 
Houston Texans (Wife's Team)
I don't mind because my team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, have won a Super Bowl and at some point or another, they will win one again. We always have fun at our house during the season because we like to just relax and spend the time together to watch something that we all enjoy. The boys don't quite understand what it is they are watching, but they do know that it is football and they can eat chips. For now, that is all they need to worry about. Once they get older, we will worry about alliances and who likes who and who wants who to win. With 6 people watching football in the house, you know there are going to be some well spirited fights here at the house of Wickid. 
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (My Team)
Now, regardless of what happens on Sunday we always look forward to any football game that we can put onto the T.V. Thursday night football, Monday Night Football, it doesn't matter. As long as the football season is in full swing, the T.V. will be tuned in just to see who is doing what. Last year during the season we had a whiteboard that had the schedule written on it with the four teams that we follow. She obviously had the better season because both of her teams made it into the playoffs. There were a few games that I wish my teams would have won, but hindsight is always 20/20. This year we decided that we would use this item that we bought from Best Buy. It is a football helmet standings tracker with all thirty-two teams. Now, it won't keep the number stats of wins and losses, but I can make that up on a sheet of paper and change it out every week after all of the games have been played. 
As you can see, Football is a staple in my household. I know that yesterday (since I am typing this today) was just the Hall of Fame game, but it was still a heated battle of words and wits. I paused LIVE TV just so that my wife, who was picking up our son from his dad's house, wouldn't miss the first kickoff of the season. My week will now be complete with the NFL back on my TV screen. 


Until next time from the Arena,

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment