Monday, August 19, 2013

Binges and Champions!

     I had one of those days yesterday where all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and do a bunch of nothing. I can say that I succeeded in that venture. I ended the night by watching movies instead of playing video games. I had originally planned on playing some Skyrim last night since my beautiful one was at work and I really had nothing better to do. Once I got the dishes done and had the kids all laid down in bed, I popped in a movie instead. I went on a hardcore movie binge and it felt weird doing it at home because normally I watch regular TV and I do all of my movie watching while I am underway. Since I won't be doing the latter for at least three years, I guess I better practice and keep my movie etiquette strong while I am home. It was nice to lounge on the couch, drink crystal light infused water, and just relax. I know that I haven't had the most stressful schedule for the last 11 days, but sometimes it is really nice to just sit and do nothing. I'm not sure if I want to divulge which movies I was watching because I'm not sure if I want to lose cool points or not, but just know that I was being lame about my movie choices last night. I started the movies around 1930 (730 pm for you civilians) and didn't stop watching movies until around 130 this morning. Luke decided that 330 was an appropriate time to get up this morning. Was not a happy camper when I had to get up at 6 to watch him because he wouldn't go back to sleep. Ah, the life and times of being a father. I will get over it. In three days I get to head off back to work and resume my normal daily routine. I am so ready to put my uniform back on and look like a million bucks again. There is something about taking leave that drives me insane. It's not that I don't like being home, I think that it is the fact that I am not going to work and it ruins my routine. That whole routine burned into your head and this is how you operate, yada, yada, yada that the Navy does to you. I can't help being me sometimes. 

     I also decided this afternoon that I would show my face on League of Legends again. It is an online PvP game that is phreaking awesome!! I played four or five games today and I only lost two. Not bad for someone who tends to suck at PC games. This one is just phenomenal. So many champions to choose from, so little game time. Well, I can't even say that. The champions are just the tip of the iceberg for this game. The game play itself is fantastic and rather easy to learn. One game I let Luke sit on my lap and he played a little for me. I let Damen play too and he didn't do so bad. The goal of the game you ask? Destroy the enemy nexus! Simple as that. Getting to the nexus on the other hand is the real challenge. So many minions die a senseless death and the champions slay the other champions. It was the one game that my buddy recommended to me that took forever to download and it hasn't disappointed. Go to www.leagueoflegends.com to download and play. It is free for you and you and you and you. Yes, I pointed at random places in my house just to emphasis my point. 

     Have to cut this edition of The Arena short, the children need attention and I'm the only adult home. Again the joys of being a father. So until next time, live from The Arena........

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment