Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sim City or Sin City??

     Confused by the title of this? I was too before I decided to type it out. You probably asked yourself why I am asking about a computer game and referencing a movie and/or Las Vegas. It actually has to do with the computer game, Sim City. This PC game has become my newest addiction in the realm of PC gaming. I have spent many hours attempting to make the perfect city and attempting to create a city that actually results in a profit every month. Unfortunately, I have failed on both counts on multiple occasions. I have sat up at night trying to think of new ways to plot the city so that every zone is separate from each other and how to expand them appropriately and all kinds of different things that one thinks about whenever they start up this game. In fact, as I am writing this, I am plotting my next city. Since I have started playing this game, I have never been able to get a city to grow past a population of a mere 51,000 Sims nor have I been able to get a city to create a profit. I haven't quite found the balance of taxes and spending control to keep the ledger in the black. This is probably one reason why my wife controls the finances and not me. Regardless of that fact, I am bound and determined to defeat this sinful game and come out on top. 
     It disturbs me that even though I put the game difficulty on easy (hey, I'm trying to have at least ONE successful city), that this game is practically impossible to beat. Maybe it is because I am so antsy to get everything built and trying to anticipate the needs of my populace or maybe it is just that I completely suck at the game, but that's neither here nor there. What the point is, is that I want to have a successful city damn it and I will get it one way or another. The "walkthroughs" that you can find online aren't really much help nor do they describe exactly how you should do something. They don't even tell you when you should build stuff and how you should do it to gain and maintain the proper funds to procure a profit. I have searched in a multitude of places and have come up empty. This game is crazy enough as it is without driving me crazy at the same damn time. I have spent so much time on this game that my wife has threatened to take the power cord from the computer and hide it so that I will stop playing this game at a reasonable hour. I have spent many nights going to bed at about 1 in the morning because either my city crashed and burned or I just saved it and started a different one. 
     If you have this game feel free to contact me via Google+ messaging or leave the comments and suggestions in the local inbox on the arena. Now to go publish the edition of the Arena that I was supposed to do yesterday.....

From the Arena,

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment