Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week's End

     Today has been one of those days where I have rarely found my computer chair and instead have found all of the cleaning supplies and the counters and other arbitrary places in my house. Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the Arena, I have been cleaning like there is no tomorrow. I have done things that I don't normally do because my wife has always taken care of them. I don't know what happened this morning, but since I have gotten up, I have been going at roughly 90 miles an hour to get some places around the house clean. I feel very accomplished today because of all that I have gotten done.
     I have also realized that it has been a few days since the last time I have talked to you guys and provided you with the newest sensation to come right off of the presses. I apologize dearly for this friends and I will try even harder now to give you more of what you want. I can only assume that you want more of the Arena and the joyous reads that you find here. Subscribe and save on your edition (just kidding, it's free) and get them as they come to you.
     I know that I haven't been forth coming with "Tainted Sands" like I said I would be so here for your reading pleasure is a small, a small, excerpt from the book:

     The dew sat gently on the grass in the early morning light. Reggie leaned forward to stare further out onto the field as a quick flash caught his eye. The last thing Reggie saw was the flash of the sniper's muzzle as the bullet ripped through his body. Screams filled the compartment as recruits moved and Reggie's body slumped to the floor. Two recruits felt the burn of the bullet that killed their Drill Instructor. One young recruit ran into the office to call for the medics and report the death of the Staff Sergeant. Many hid while waiting for the medics, hoping and praying that no more shots would ring through that compartment.


     Now again, this is just a small part of what I have been working on and I hope that it satisfies you for now. I have been trying to figure out how I want to end the current chapter that I am on in hopes that I can grab the attention of the reader and keep them wanting more. It is much harder than you would expect and I am having trouble trying to get it right. I have a few people reading the chapter to give me ideas. 

     Things at work have been going slow and steady. Not much to report there except that I hardly work. This might explain why I did so much at home today. Lucas, my youngest son, is walking more and more as the days go by. It makes me happy that I get to be home to see it.

     Well, it is time for me to finish my dinner and do the dishes and then finish the rest of the cleaning. Let me know via comment or message with your opinions of the excerpt that is above. I'll talk to you guys later.

Until next time,

Wickid
    

No comments:

Post a Comment