Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Recent Events

     I know that I told those dedicated to the Arena that I would post something for you guys to sink your reading teeth into yesterday, but unfortunately things have been hectic since I said that. Monday, as you know, is the worst day in the entire phreaking universe to ever get shit done. I still haven't found a Monday in my history of Mondays where I have actually accomplished what it was that I went out to do. It will probably never happen, unless of course some strange fabric in the space time continuum breaks and Mondays last for three weeks straight. No, I will not wish that evil upon anybody because I know how much Mondays drag on and how much they suck.
     Since they last time I told you I was going to post here, I have said a lot of things. I told you that more stuff about "Tainted Sands" would be coming to a computer screen near you. I, unfortunately, have not made any significant progress since the last time I talked about the book. Autistic children need a lot of attention and a lot of my attention has been directed at him. Do not fear my friends, for this book will get written and it will be completed. I have not given up on this nor do I intend to let it collect the proverbial "dust" inside a folder on my hard drive. I have also been absent from the chair-dancing scene for the last two weeks. I am sad that I have missed all of the joy that comes with the music from my Uncle's radio station. I shall be there and ready to listen come this Saturday. I don't have any plans except spending time with the Littles and doing some housework while jamming out. I may not be chair-dancing, but I will be present. I also haven't talked to my uncle for almost a month and a half now. That might be my fault for not wanting to talk to him until he talks to me first, in accordance with his wishes but, at some point I need to get a hold of him and see if I can hash out whatever it was that mad him angry at me in the first place. I'm pretty sure that I know why he got upset with me in the first place, but that is between him and I and I shall leave that family business where it belongs, with the family.
     I have learned a lot about my little Yellow and his exceptional personality trait. He is a very intelligent little man with loads of potential. He has had his good days and his bad days. They are pretty much even in terms of when they happen, but it is getting easier and easier to handle him when his bad days do occur. It isn't always easy, but sometimes it is. If you have an Autistic child, I encourage you to learn all that you can because every one of them is different. Your child will be different than mine and they may be triggered by a multitude of different things, but please, learn all that you can about this "disorder", or as I like to call it an "exceptional personality trait". You will learn about all of the support groups and all of the things that you can do to help YOU and your little one. The most important thing above all that I have learned besides taking care of your young one, is to make sure that you take that time out of your day or week to take care of YOURSELF.
     As you can tell from a previous edition from the Arena, I have become increasingly addicted to Sim City. Whoever thought that this was a fantastic game shall rot in Hell, if they aren't doing so already. I won't go into much detail here because there is a whole edition just on this damn game. Speaking of video games, I have taken some time out of my day to treat myself to some console video game time after my younglings have gone to bed. It has been a varying mixture of games that range from Batman Arkham Asylum to Fallout 3. I even dabbled a bit into the world of Minecraft and found that I also have a craving for that game as well. I am going to get it for my XBox at some point so that I can enjoy something more than like the twenty minutes they give you on the demo version.
     Saturday night, well Sunday morning really, started with a very angry Wickid. My wife had to work her normal shift on Saturday night and then had to turn around and work a graveyard shift about two hours after she got off work. Not a big issue for me because, you know, extra money and all of that stuff. What made me angry when I woke up on Sunday was the hole that was in the hood of my car that a Tow truck driver decided that I needed. He apparently "couldn't see" the grey car that was sitting UNDERNEATH THE STREETLIGHT!!!!! How f*&^ed up is that? How do you miss something that shines under the light when you are backing up?? I don't miss stuff like this. Maybe it's because I actually pay attention to my surroundings or maybe its because I love my car so much that I don't want to see it get damaged. Who knows why I don't get into accidents, but that's just not the point here. My wife tells me this after she gets home. I was sleeping when she got home since it was only like 715 in the morning and the boys were still sleeping so I decided to sleep in as well. I'm half asleep when I found out so I just rolled over and went back to sleep without getting too upset. I will tell you that my ferocity increased about 100 fold when I stepped out the door to see the scrapes and scratches and the hole that was there. I have personally dented my car twice and lost two mirrors. All things that I have done personally. I was mad about them and I was mad when I did some of them. Yes, I put the two dents in the car, one with my foot and the other with my fist. It saved me a Domestic Violence charge, so I don't regret doing them. The damn tow truck guy fixed the one on my hood, but the dirty bastard left the damn hole in its place. Not a very good way to end my weekend.
     Monday was uneventful, like all Mondays are. I didn't get much work done and I was really lazy when I got home. Of course, I freely admit that I use the excuse of it being Monday to justify me being lazy. I'm comfortable with that and I don't care what you say about me and my Mondays. I do what I do because I can do it. Today I found out that I missed my E-6 advancement by 13.99 points (yes this is exact). Not bad for my first ever time taking it. I scored in the 84th percentile and for any of my fellow military people out there that know about the Navy Advancement Exams, knows that this is pretty damn good when you are rated against the ENTIRE FLEET. My next exam is in September so wish me luck when the time gets nearer. Not that I worry about the exam itself, but who doesn't like more money???
     So there is everything (I think) in a nutshell for what has been happening here at the Arena. Don't burn your fingers grabbing this as it comes straight off the presses and onto your computer screen, but keep the Aloe close just in case. You never know what can happen when you do silly stuff, like grabbing hot paper fresh from a printer.

From the Arena,

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment