Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Sunny Spring Day

     Another week has completely bypassed me yet again and I am staring at the face of the tail end of Sunday. Monday is yet again around the corner. Bring your sad faces because the weekend is ending and the work week starts again. I literally have no idea where my week went besides to work and errands. I think I lost it somewhere between Tuesday and Wednesday. Normally I don't lose any days during my week, but this last week was very intense. Between appointments for the children and myself, I was hardly home. My normal routine was crushed and I wasn't too happy about it. 

     I haven't really played catch up at all because it really has been a lazy weekend for me. Yeah, I did some dishes and I helped with the laundry and I went to work when I was supposed to. This weekend was a sleep time catch up weekend. Monday was mostly normal for me. Kid to school, sister to work, kid to therapy and then finally a kid off to school for the afternoon. Normal routine was nice. Tuesday was completely screwed up because I had some errands that were military related so I had to get up early and put on the uniform to go do it all. Still have things to do on Wednesday of this week since I didn't get it all completed last week. Leading into Wednesday I was on a roll again for a slight bit of normalcy. At least it was until I got to work. My Chief tried to kick me out of the shop the minute I walked in. I'm not really sure why he was still there at almost 3:30 in the afternoon. I hardly ever see him and I like it that way. Thursday became the worst day in history. I started the morning at a little before 5, went to base, took an exam, called into work for duty, napped for about 3 hours, and then went to work for 8 hours. Then I came home and got 3 hours of sleep before getting up for the rest of my 14 hour day. Whoo! That was one hell of a week. I can say though that Thursday and Friday sucked more for my wife then it did for me. Well, I guess it would be her Thursday through Saturday night because she hasn't had much sleep either. Stayed up all day Thursday, worked the graveyard that night, got up Friday with the kids, worked an 8 hour shift that night that was immediately followed by a 5 hour shift at her other job, napped for about 3 hours and then worked another 8 hour shift Saturday. Needless to say, I let her sleep in today so that she could try to recover some of her sleep. She happens to be at work right now as I stand in the kitchen about to make supper.

     I have yesterday's radio show playing through the speakers and the stove is coming up to heat along with the oven. I'm not really used to talking to you guys during suppertime. I usually catch you around lunch time or right before bed if I'm not too worn out from the manual labor at work. I figured since today was such a sunny spring day, I would try to catch you while it was still out and about. You know, my time on the west coast and all. I remember saying a few posts ago that since Carter isn't at the house right now that Eli would be the poster child for good behavior. Oh how RIGHT I turned out to be. I have had very little issues with my little big man. He's 6 so I don't expect him to be perfect, but I haven't had to really raise my voice at all this last week. I think part of the problem, whether my wife admits it or not, is that Eli tries so hard to be the Alpha male while Carter is here that it causes him to get into trouble. He doesn't do that while Carter is gone because he knows that he is the big kid on campus. We have had movie nights for the past couple nights because he has been so good. I am pretty sure that once Carter is back, I will be back to being stressed out and yelling at kids every 15 to 20 minutes because of all of the arguing and whatnot. I really don't want to, but alas, I must. 

     Today, Eli, Damen, and I took a trip to the playground by the water for a little bit. As stated before, it was a nice day outside and it still is. I can look out the window and see the sun as it does its slow dance down to the western horizon. The reds and oranges and purples will be out soon signifying the end of the day and the coming of dusk. As the colors meld together and become the black that is night, the late night critters start waking up and commencing their "morning". It really is a fabulous dance. One that you should take time out to watch. Hell, that description right there makes me want to do that tonight. I do have to drown the children though. I meant to do it last night, but I got caught up in watching the Fifth Element with my mother in-law and Beverly took the kids upstairs for a movie night. Well, the little boys joined her. Eli was busy playing Lego Batman in his room. Like I said, the boy has been good enough that his Aunt Jamie decided to put a TV and XBox in his room. I'm not sure how long he will keep it in there, but for now, it's okay. We even went down by the water so that they could throw rocks into the water. They love to throw things. What can I say, I'm a sucker for letting them throw the rocks in the water. I have come to realize that I don't always make time to play with them or take them places to have fun. I really ought to do that since in roughly 16 months I will probably be somewhere beneath the ocean doing my favorite job in the entire world. There is just something magical about doing the work that I do where I do it. 

     And I'm back!! You didn't even notice that I was gone did you? No, you probably didn't. I now have two little kids in the bath playing and the Feb 28th Replay jamming out through the speakers of the computer. What was going to be a return trip to the waterfront ended up being dishes with the exception of a few things that will be quickly washed after the children are done drowning. I think the kids being clean kind of trumps the dishes. At least they are dishes that we barely use so I'm not too concerned. Knowing my luck, my wife probably reads these and wants to smack me most days. As you guys have probably noticed, I have been on radio silence most of the week. It seems like the weekends are the best time to get on here and punch out some posts. I guess I will just have to up my frequency on the weekends. There goes one resolution down the drain. I said it was going to be an everyday thing, but it seems that real life has taken precedence over the things I want to do. Apparently, taking the kids to their appointments and going to work is more important than playing around on the computer with you guys. So, if it is okay with the general populace that reads this, I will do what I can to push one of these posts out during the week, but I can't promise anything. I will however, bring you all of the live and previously live action on the weekends when my schedule isn't dictated by the little princes and their appointments. 

     With that little decision up for grabs, it is time to go finish drowning the little kids so that I can drown the big kid and get everyone ready for bed. It has been great talking to you guys and I am sure that you are enjoying the length of these posts since they tend to be wordy and ramble-y. I know I enjoy typing them. Enjoy what is left of your weekend and curse that time of the year where we lost the hour of sleep early this morning. At least we get it back in October. Not like it is going to do much for us anyways.

Like a light bulb, I'm blowing out of here! Catch you peeps later!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment