Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Serenade

     This is a mixture of a rant and a look at the last weekend here at the House of Wickid. Although I'm not sure where to start because the level of anger that I am experiencing right now is just beyond heavenly. There are things that I WANT to do, but am refraining from doing because I definitely don't need to start something epic while I am this pissed off. I guess that was as good as place as any to start.

     Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if I allow you to live in my house that I pay for, rent free, how can you feel that I am taking advantage of you? I feed you. I drive you around. I take you to your appointments and work. I don't make you do any chores unless they pertain to your stuff. For example, clean your own room and occasionally do your own laundry. Pretty much I let you live here responsibility free. The only thing that I do ask, is that while my wife and I are at work, you keep an eye on the kids and make sure that they are fed and loved. You are family so I trust you because the kids know you and love you. Again, please tell me how I take advantage of you. I work Monday through Friday and typically have the weekends off unless I have duty. My wife's schedule is so random that I really can't list it here. If you only have to deal with the kids for a few hours a day, how can I possibly be taking advantage of you. Not to mention that I try to keep my children out of your hair and your room so that you can have your space and your peace and quiet. I let your friends come over pretty much whenever they get the chance and I try to be nice to them and YOU so that you feel welcome in my home. 

     General poll here. Feel free to leave a comment below. If you had this same set up, would you feel that I take advantage of you? Would you get pissy and bent out of shape with me while I slave in my own home to take care of YOU AND MY CHILDREN?? I don't mind my sister in-law's friends, I really don't, but for the love of GOB let your friends know that I don't run a flophouse. I'm on a food budget since I took a pretty hefty pay cut to come to shore duty. I literally don't ask her for much. I ask for her to keep her room clean and to watch the kids. My wife and I take care of everything else. We do her laundry, we feed her, we get her to work and back, we take her to the doctor, and we give her her privacy as much as we can. We take her out to dinner with us and all sorts of other things. She is family and we agreed that she could stay. She has been with us for a little over a year and I have worked my ass off to try and make her feel welcome. I remember the last time that I had her living with us because she needed a place to stay. It was horrible. I literally did take advantage of her. I dumped the kids on her, I yelled at her and her friends, I made her do things around the house that I could have easily done myself and that I probably should have done myself. So I knew what I needed to change this time around so that I wouldn't have the same problems as last time. Yet, here I am, with the same problems as last time, except that I haven't done any of the aforementioned things. I have been very careful to think about other people and not just myself. Funny how time changes things. Of course, when approached, she "never told mom" that she felt that way. Now her friend is pissed at me like this is all my fault that I am tired of her treating my house like it's a flophouse. You don't live here little lady. You don't pay my bills. You do however, eat all of my food and drink all of my coffee. This is the same chick from the last post who is mad at me and put me into that difficult position that I was put into. I'm sorry that your home life sucks. I really am, but then again, I have lived through it and have changed my situation for the better. If you don't actively go out of your way to fix your own shit, then you have no one to blame but yourself. 

     I mean honestly, how many of you can say that what I have offered isn't a great deal? Yeah you have to deal with 3 to 4 children depending on what week is, but you only have to deal with them for maybe 5 hours tops. MAYBE. I leave work early practically everyday. If you want, I can just stay at work until it is my ACTUAL time to leave. I can easily come home around 11 to 1130 ish every night. I can easily do that. You can also now walk the like 4 miles it is to your job since you know, I'll be too tired from working most of the day to take you. Walk home too while you are at it. Oh, don't feel like walking? Sorry, I'm not getting up for your convenience. If you haven't noticed by now, I am just done with the whole situation. This obviously isn't the first time that this has happened so one would think that I would have learned my lesson. I will tell you one thing though, this is the last time that I do this for you. Everyone in the family, myself included, thinks that you moving out with the friend that is mad because I'm telling her what's what at my house will fail in your attempt to move out and live on your own. Mainly because I don't see you making it past the first month. I can figure out how to schedule everything around itself because I have only been doing it for about 6 years now so I think I'm good. You however, will have to figure it all out for yourself because no one will be there to catch you when you fall. Burning bridges, while fun, isn't always a smart thing to do, especially when it involves family. We have tried to advise and guide you the best we can. If you don't listen, that's on you dude. 

*End rant*

     As I step off my soapbox and back into the realm that is one of peace and tranquility, I am reminded that I should only allow those that have a positive influence on my life be in my bubble, my world. Thank you goes out to my uncle for teaching me that very valuable lesson. I have strayed from that path too many times to count and because I am such a nice person, it seems to burn me more often than not. Maybe I'm a masochist and I like the pain and torture. I only think that when I play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate though. The constant grind..... Desire sensor problems..... digressing..... And I'm back!

     It's SUNDAY!! Oh wait, I can't be happy about that because Monday is around the corner and there is no football on the TV. Sundays are now filled with random things like laundry and cleaning. Sometimes they are filled with laughter and joy, but that usually only happens when I am tickling the kids. Carter is off to his dad's house again for a little while and my stress level has receded some. There is just something about knowing that he is the main cause for a lot of the household problems really bothers me. I can pretty much promise you that for the next week or so, Eli will be like a perfect little angel. Yeah, he will still have some issues because he is 6 and he does like to push buttons, but other than that, he will be a poster child for good behavior. So tonight, I will get to wash some clothes and such so that I can have other things to add to my list that is my daily routine and watch some TV while playing the above mentioned game. I think one of the future posts will be a nerd-gasm about MH4U. Most of you won't understand it, but to those that read this and know what I am talking about, you know the struggle. The heartbreak. The accomplishment. All of the feels that just surround this game. 


     As you can see today has been filled with ups, downs, twists, and turns. It has been wild. Tomorrow my wife starts her first day at her new job and will only have two jobs for another week. She will move to on-call at the JITB where she works now, but hopefully that won't happen too much. She already is worn out enough as it is. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday as it winds down before you and get ready for the day that is dreaded by all. Monday is only 5 hours and 50 minutes away. Unless, you are already on Monday and then my heartfelt sadness goes out to you. I have to go. Kids to take care of and chores to do. You know how it goes.

I'm out people!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment