Sunday, June 23, 2013

Writer's Block

     What a horrible thing to have when you are trying to get ideas and such for a book together so that it can be written. I have never really had an problem with the block, but it seems that since I want to go and do something that would be fun, the block comes and plants itself right in the middle of my dome piece. I don't have the block when I am writing, well typing, on here and this is bothering me that I can't get started on something that I want to do. It's not that I don't want to do this, but this is just for me and those that are perusing the interwebs looking for things to do. I want to be able to create something that millions worldwide will want to read and reread. It can be a downer to not be able to do this, but I will fight tooth and nail to complete this one thing. If it is successful, I will continue to pursue more books and stories that everyone will enjoy. 
     It also doesn't help that I get distracted rather easily and the kids have needs that I must attend to. I hope that I can work around these distractions and get going. I have a few pages of research that I have found in hopes that I can take this story into some sort of direction. Here is a quick preview of what I am hoping to accomplish. It is just an idea that I have been tossing around and isn't actually anything that I have put into a work in progress on paper. 

     I am intending to do this book about a guy named Kristoph that is unaware of his werewolf ancestry. He has a twin brother that was separated from him at birth that he has no clue about and will eventually fight him in the ultimate final battle. Kristoph is really the only character name that I have come with, but he does have a lady friend that has the hots for him and he is kind of dense and doesn't realize it for a long time. They are childhood friends with Kristoph being a business magnate and his lady friend being another executive in his company. His twin brother is a mercenary that has fought in two wars. The brother also doesn't know about his ancient ancestry and will discover this secret during a mercenary battle one late night. They happen to have a chance meeting during a very civil dinner that both of their families just happen to be at. 

     So far this is what I have come up with and I think that it is pretty good, but then just like everyone else who has started something and never saw the idea to fruition, I always think that no one will like it. I should just put this silly fear to the side and just do what it is that I want to do. I'm sure that whoever reads this will find a way to contact me and let me know what they think. I know there are at least a few people off of the top of my head that will give me some constructive criticism and feedback. I will let you know now, that I appreciate everything that you will say, whether it is good or bad, and learn from it so that I can make the finished product a masterpiece. 
     This is all for the latest edition of the Arena. Enjoy the read and contact me via Google+ to let me know what you think. I always read my emails, even if it takes me about a day or so to get to them. I have a very busy schedule with the kids and my job, so don't be impatient and know that I look forward to reading the inputs.

Editor In Chief

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment