Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back To Work We Go

     It's that time again dear friends where I head back to work and lose myself in the joys of working on things that I have fun fixing. The only problem with that is that I pretty much just sit in the shop and attempt to look like I belong there. It has been brought to my attention that we just do random paperwork and help whenever we can. I am totally down for that because that means I can spend more time focusing on my home life and my golf swing. Well, not so much my golf swing, but I can do things like go to school and take college courses and even attempt to get a degree. I'm going to have multiple chances to make E-6, which is my career goal for those who don't know. Being that there are only three of us navy guys in the shop in the mornings, it makes it really easy to see what I can get done that isn't in the shop. In the last five days, which is only how long I've been working, I have put in maybe a total of 40 hours. That's just a guess mind you and I the latest I have had to stay is 1400 (2 p.m.) for you non military types. I can tell you one thing for certain, doing six years of continuous sea duty was worth all of the time off that I will be receiving for the next three years. All of the stress, heartache, late nights, duty, and hours missed at home will now be repaid once I get into a routine and a regular schedule. As it stands right now, I am slated to go to the Safety Office at IMF for the first portion of my shore duty. 
     I do have some great news to go along with me going back to work. My old lady also found a job and has returned to work herself after a long four years of staying at home with little children. For the record, I did not make her stay at home with the children, it was a mutual decision that we made for the best of our family and what we needed at that time. Now that we are back in Washington and I will be home a whole lot more, I figured it was time for her to head back to work so that we could have some extra spending money for when we want to do things like going to Seattle and money for me to hit the links and get away from everyone for four hours. It makes me happy that she is going back to work because now I can get some one-on-one time with the boys by making them ask me to do stuff so that they can get used to me being home. I am enjoying the fact that I can pretty much leave when I want to take of things that need to be taken care of. It makes me so happy knowing that for the next three years, I really won't miss anything family related. In fact, I just got to watch my youngest son take his first three unassisted steps! Makes me so happy because I have missed the first steps of my other boys. Now, I have been made one happy daddy. 
     Sorry that this is a short edition of the arena, but I have children to get ready for bed and chores to do and garbage to take out and other random household duties that should make my wife very happy knowing that I have done them so that she doesn't have to do them.

Editor In Chief,

Wickid

2 comments:

  1. Really...your blog is so hard to read with these neon colors at a small size. Can you not be normal and use a regular font color? haha I love you but not enough to see your words for 20 minutes after I've read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do this whole rainbow of colors because I thought it would look cool, but if it is making your head hurt and makes you read my words even after 20 minutes after you have read it, then I can change it up and make it bigger and go to the duller non-neon colors.

    ReplyDelete