Friday, June 21, 2013

Full Work Week Complete

     Today marks the end of my first full work week on shore duty. I have pretty much done nothing except show up and look like I am busy. I have done a few check-ins because I still have to do those and get all nice and checked in to the command. I even felt accomplished the other day because I actually did some no shit work. I even went down to my first boat because that is where the work was being done. I sat down there for about two hours and learned some things and routed some paperwork and got to ride in a vehicle other than my own. 
     My wife is off on her own going to work tonight and I get to keep the children busy until Nani gets home to help out while I cook dinner. My wife is semi-enjoying her job too. She is doing fast food again and apparently she did well enough on her first day that they are giving her more hours. It doesn't help that she has already worked for this company before and has held various fast food positions and is rather talented at doing it. She refuses to be promoted if given the opportunity. I understand why she won't take it and its a decision that we have come to mutually. The whole random calls from work and getting randomly called in because someone is stupid or didn't show up to work is not something that we can handle right now. The kids are too little and they have too many appointments for us to have to worry about who is going to watch them if I'm still at work and she gets called in. I'm not all about having to leave work constantly because of other people not being able to do their own job. She wasn't even supposed to work today and they have already called her in. It's not a bad thing because we could always use the extra money that her job is making, but sometimes it is detrimental to plans staying on track. Not that we had plans for tonight, but if it we did, we wouldn't be doing them. I know that it sounds a little whiny, but hey, I can do that because I'm the one typing this not you. Ha!
     Tomorrow brings hanging out at home with the boys and and the wife going to work again later in the afternoon. It is also +Chuck Bisbee's birthingday and we are celebrating it in style. Chairdancing with a hangout with a bunch of friends via the interwebs. If you haven't already checked it out, visit www.b2kradio.com and see what fun that website has in store for you. Saturdays nights are the live broadcasts and awesome music! Come join us tomorrow and celebrate an awesome man! 
     Standby for the next exciting edition from the arena. Tell the voices to keep it down so that they do not distract you from looking for new story.

Editor In Chief,

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment