Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekend Warriors and Things You Missed

     I know that a lot of you who have been following everything that I do with supreme dedication have been very disappointed for the last two weeks. I know that I have neglected you because of things that have been going on and how busy that we all have been. Even now, I am thoroughly distracted with cooking supper, watching TV, and getting things done on here. I have been working countless hours fixing up a division that needs fixing and remodeling an office that was in serious need of attention.
     Now, that I have done most of the things that I have done in the office, things have slowed down just a bit. I still have more stuff to do in the office, but the administration side of it is mostly complete with a few minors changes here and there. I have been a busy little beaver. Now, I won't take all of the credit because the LPO has been a big factor in what we have been doing. He has had some ideas that I have made into fruition and we have been working together to get everything done. I'm actually supposed to be walking around and doing surveillances and discrepancies on the boats and buildings, but since I have been working hard on the office, I have upgraded my station from Grunt to Safety Division Yeoman. It is an okay job because now I just do paperwork and I let everyone go out and do that work.
     Friday was a fun day for me because I had to go and talk to my Parent Code Division Chief. Normally, I work for my shop 67G, which is the Sonar Repair shop. We deal with the actual system maintenance and upkeep for the boats whenever they call for us. It was time for my Mid-Term Evaluation on Friday and I have been thinking about staying with Safety Division for the rest of my time here at IMF. Apparently my Sonar Chief has a real beef with the Safety division. I am only allowed to stay until March, when the actual evals come out, unless of course my current LPO for Safety and the Safety Chief can convince him to let me stay until June. It sucks when you are the one doing the hard work and no one appreciates you.
     This would have been up sooner but I got distracted by watching the Power Rangers Season 1. I'm talking original Power Rangers before they went all modded and shit like they are nowadays. Nobody likes the new Power Rangers show. Of course once the kids went to bed my beautiful one made me give her the XBox remote so that she could put on Doctor Who. Not a bad show, but I was watching the Power Rangers and reliving my childhood of watching horrible special effects and laughing. Too bad she doesn't have the same sense of stupid humor that I do.
     My wife is now looking up Halloween costumes for the children and trying to make sure that she gets the right thing even though the children will probably change their minds between now and when we actually get them. Apparently I get to be the Doctor and she will be the Tardis. I'm not opposed to this because it is one of those themed things that I guess she is wanting to do. I'm just excited to take the children trick or treating. Free candy that I get to sort through? Done Son!! Who doesn't like free candy. What does boggle my mind is that the stores already have Christmas crap out. Honestly? Let's through one holiday at a time before we start bringing stuff out for the next holiday. That will be another one of those rants that will be rambled off when I get the chance to do it.
     I'm actually thinking about syncing up my calendar to my wife's so that I am aware of everything that is going on with her so that I don't have to ask her anymore and maybe it will make things easier for me since I will finally know what is going on. So much to do with so little time. There is always something going on at our house even when we don't have to leave our humble abode. Cleaning up after four children and a painstaking and tedious task. Yes, I know, my fault for that one. Well at least half of them. I know what causes children and we are not looking to have any more. No more little Wickids running around in this neighborhood.
     Well, I was going to have this done right around the time that I finished eating dinner, but the TV distracted me and the reliving of the youth was rather enjoyable. I'm so happy that we have XBox Live Gold again so that we can watch TV shows and movies for pretty much free. It all depends on what you are looking for and what it is you can find and enjoy. I wasn't a huge fan of Doctor Who when my beautiful one first started watching it, but now I can sit and enjoy it even if I'm not always paying attention. My multitasking skills have improved. I can watch a football game, or any show for that matter, play on my phone and still tell you what is going on. It makes me happy to be able to do that.

     Until next time Wickid Readers,


Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment