Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to School Fever!!

     It is that time of the year again dear people of the Arena! It is time for the little children and big children alike to head back to school. I am so excited to know that I will have half of my children in all day school by the end of the week. The house is quieter and tasks around the house are made much simpler when you only have two children to worry about. In fact, I am so excited for them to be returning to school that I have taken up the idea to head back to school myself. I have a few forms to fill out so that I can see about getting some extra help from good old Uncle Sam. There are many reasons why I love my job. This happens to be one of those reasons. The benefits alone make up for the horrible hours spent on a boat and the moving every three years to a new place and starting over again in a new house and new location.

     As of right now I plan on doing a degree in General Studies to start me off. If I can, I plan on moving in the direction of creative writing so that I can get better at writing these editions of the Arena for you, the reader. I am also hoping that it will help in the writing of my books so that I can get my ideas and imagination out to the general populace. I haven't been working on the book as of late because we are still getting used to the routine here at the House of Wickid. It is getting a lot easier to do things around here and if you can believe this I am sitting here watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and not even paying attention to the keyboard. I used to be one of those hunt and peck type people that had to look at the keyboard to see what I was doing. After spending loads of time playing PC games, I have stopped looking at the keyboard most of the time that I type. It is a little easier to do this on a desktop computer that it is on a laptop because there is so much space between keys. I am looking at doing both online and in class courses so that I can get some time away from the house and focused on school. I figured that if I just do online courses, I will just get distracted and not do the schooling. I have a plan for now, I just have to do the happy thing that they call research into what it is I want to do. It seems like all jobs now require college degrees of some sort to get into the high paying realm. I won't be into the high paying realm of employment until after I retire, but the college degree will help a lot with the advancement. Speaking of advancement, I was SUPPOSED to take my E-6 exam today. I say SUPPOSED because I didn't take it. The people running the exam didn't have an exam for me so I have to talk to the ESO (Educational Services Officer) to get him to order me a substitute exam so that I can take it at a later date. Hopefully, I can make it off this exam and be one step closer to my career goal.

     I know this really isn't directed towards anything in particular, I just felt that I needed to express my joy at the children going to school and getting myself back into school. That is all from the Arena. Catch you next time! Same bat-time, same bat-channel!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment