Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Saddest Day

     This is by far the saddest day that I have had in a very long time. For those that know, I have owned a 2005 Nissan Altima for over eight years. I bought it in 2008 and I finally got it paid off last year. That car has been there for me through thick and thin. It's been across the country twice and it has lasted me over 100,000 miles. I bought it with roughly 72,000 miles on it and I drove the thing like I stole it. 
     When I finally got it paid off, I was so excited to have another car that I owned. It was mine. Nothing could take that away from me. I was so proud of myself. A few months after I got it paid off, some asshole on the highway cut me off and I ended up wrecking the back end. Tore off the bumper and broke the passenger side tail light. It was probably the maddest that I had ever been in my life. I got over all of that and continued to drive that little car. Lost function of a headlight and still I continued to drive it. All I needed to do was get that fixed and I was good to go. 
     Fast forward to August of this year. I was getting ready to go out to sea so I took all of the necessary precautions to get the cars taken care of. I got Power of Attorneys so that I knew that no matter what happened, my ex-wife would be able to take care of things while I was gone. I told her not to lose those and to make sure that she made the repairs necessary as she got the funds to do so. One day, she had to move the car because the new neighbors were about to hit my car with their moving truck. She parked it in front of the house as per the normal of what I would do. The one mistake she made was that she left the damn key in the car like I have told her numerous times not to do. The doors were unlocked as well. During the night, by our best guess, is that a couple teenagers decided to goof around and see what they could get into. They apparently got into the van and my car. Both of the vehicles were unlocked. For shame. When she got into the van the next day, she realized that it had been gone through. Her keys were still in the van in their normal hiding spot. She decided to see if my car had been gone through. She hid my key in the car and before I left, I made sure that the car was clean and orderly. When she opened my car door, it was wrecked on the inside. They went through my entire car and apparently found the key. At this point I bet you are saying, "They stole the car." You would be wrong friends. They stole just the key and left the car sitting in the driveway. My Altima is a 5 speed manual transmission. Not many people know how to drive cars like that. My guess is that they didn't know how to drive it and left the car sitting there. I was pissed! Not only did my car get broken into, but the ex-wife also lost the damn Power of Attorneys that I told her not to lose. So there was nothing that she could do about getting my key replaced. It's about 150 dollars to get the key replaced. 
     Fast forward to today. I have been contemplating getting a new car for a while now. I was on the fence about it because I really wanted to fix my car and get it running again. I knew before I left that I needed new tires and an oil change. A few other minor fixes and a couple major ones because of the age of the car. It was going to cost more to fix than what I really wanted to spend on it. So I have been getting rides to and from work for the past couple weeks until I could finally decide what I wanted to do. This has also led me to get caught with my phone down on the boat which is probably going to end up with me standing in front of the Captain. I got in trouble because of it and I have that weighing on my mind now too. That is another story though for another post. Anyway, I have been talking to a friend on the boat and he told me that he would come pick my car up and haul it away fro 200 dollars cash. It's a profit for me because I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't get much out of the car. Plus, it is more than anybody else would pay to come haul the car away. He is going to fix up the car and give it to a family in need, so I did a good deed for the day so to speak. Someone else can get some use out of my car. 
     Watching them take the car away today had me thinking about everything that I have been through with that car. All the fun road trips. All of the time spent driving it around and having adventures. Things of that nature. I have spent the better part of the day remembering everything that has happened. I just started looking for a new car. I wanted to get a truck since I think it would be more useful for me. From bad weather to being able to haul stuff, I thought it would be a good investment. Trying to find a truck that fits my needs and my kids is a bit difficult. Everything is so expensive around here when it comes to trucks. I'm getting frustrated because I want to get a truck, but it looks like with the divorce, paying for child support and medical for my two kids, I won't be able to afford a truck. Now I am back to searching through all of the sedans for something that I like. My mother-in-law is taking me tomorrow to her auto dealership to look at cars. I found a 2007 Nissan Altima for just under 8,000 dollars. Maybe if I get lucky, I can get a loan for the car and have something that I am familiar with to drive. The car looks nice and I'm hoping that it is something that I can afford. I still have the van to pay off so it might not happen. 
     Trying to find something I liked has driven me bat shit crazy so I have decided that right now I need to just not look for something and try and relax. This is why I have you guys. I can vent and nobody judges me. You all just read my posts and continue on with your days. The silent types. I like it that way.

I'm out!!!

Wickid

No comments:

Post a Comment