Friday, November 25, 2016

What have I been doing?

     This just so happens to be the question of the last few years. Nobody knows what I have been doing because I haven't been on here to tell you about it. Things have been hella rough needless to say and that is a severe understatement. 

     I literally just spent the last four hours playing Call of Duty Black Ops II. Why would I play this game? I played it because I needed to relieve some stress. It made me feel better. I'm not very good at the game, but that is besides the point. There is a lot of stuff that you guys missed and I have so much to tell you all. I don't even know where to begin.

     Well, it is roughly two a.m. here on the west coast and I am still up and doing things. That's not true at all. I was actually on my way to bed and I decided to jump on the computer real quick like to check something out. I saw this little schmoondib on the favorites bar and clicked it. Low and behold, I still have access to this and it hasn't changed much since I last left it. Quick story, the urge to type hit me and now here I am, typing away to you guys. 

     Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. The only difference is that my wife's boyfriend, yes that's right, and her boyfriend's son, joined us for the holidays. A little backstory might be in order here. Roughly two years ago (ironically when I last posted) the wife and I ran into a little snag in our marriage. Mainly, I was a fucking idiot and I made some poor life choices. One thing lead to another and well we tried working it out. Multiple times. We did marriage counseling and marriage retreats to try and get that spark that we lost about 3-ish years ago. This past March, after I had been sleeping on the couch for about 2 months, she came to the conclusion that we are better off as friends. Now, I tried to fight it for about 2 or 3 months before I finally quit and just said "Fuck it". So now, both of us are seeing other people and trying to get all of the paperwork and shit together so that we can get divorced. Our 7 year anniversary was last Sunday. We didn't celebrate it at all. 

     I have made it back to another sea going command everyone! Yay! I've even already done my underwater thing and come back from it. Home in time for the holidays. What a way to finish out the year huh? It was one of those deployments that made you ask "Why?" Like why are we doing this stupid shit right now? Why do I have to go on watch again for another 12 hours when I just spent like 9 hours on watch already? Why am I still awake? That last one is prevalent here on shore too in case you were wondering. So yeah, I did my underwater thing. It was fun, but I am now happy to have some time off even though I have to go down to the boat and help it get back out to sea. 
  
     I also didn't tell you guys that I got diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. I now do most of my sleeping with a mask on my face. It works really well on the submarine and I have been sleeping rather well since I have acquired it. Nothing like not breathing while you sleep. I did that for three years and now I have to wonder why it took me so long to get checked out. You know what? It took me forever and a day to get checked out because I don't like going to the doctor. Like seriously, I hate going to the doctor. Don't ask me about the dentist because those are fighting words. I despise the dentist. They always find a way to make it so you are in pain and then tell you it's because you don't floss. Anywho, I am laying here on the couch right now wearing my mask. I am required to get at a minimum, 4 hours of continuous sleep while wearing this mask. It's a good leverage tool when people want to mess with my sleep. I just pull that bad boy out and wave it around from time to time. 

     I'm also dating a new chick that actually works for the Navy. Dipping my pen in the company ink as I've been told. No offense to anyone out there who may be reading this, but I'm actually happy with this decision. You have no idea what it is like to be with someone who doesn't care or doesn't pay attention to the things you say. It is so much better that I am with someone who has been underway and knows the pain of having to be gone for months on end. I don't have to explain acronyms or anything. Well, for the most part. She is a surface sailor so things are a little bit different up on top of the water. 

     Well, it is really late you guys and I have a feeling that I will have 4 kids running around early as balls in the morning making tons of noise. I guess I have to go to sleep and try to get some rest. 

I'm OUT!!!

Wickid

P.S. - I'll be trying to get on here more often since I really only have to take care of myself and help with the kids and housework. It's a pretty sweet setup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment