Thursday, April 25, 2013

Up and going again!!

     So here I am again to start this off right!! I am back and apparently better than ever. It has been a long time since I have added anything onto the Internet that I have produced. You may remember me from Wickidspace.com, but unfortunately that website went under due to severe inactivity. 
     I can't believe that I had it for that long and didn't even bother with it. This is what happens when I spend way too much time on a submarine and not enough time at home on the computer or on the Internet in general. We have been without the interwebs for a while and I feel like I have missed a bunch of stuff. I have been doing most of my activities on the cellular device, which is I guess part of the reason that I have been so inactive on the computer. Thanks to my uncle, +Chuck Bisbee, I have found this place and I have decided to start this venture all over again.

      So here is a little bit about me just to get you reacquainted. I am a military man by nature and I have spent the last 8 years of my life playing sailor in the submarine force. I am currently getting ready to go to shore duty for a little while and spend a lot of time at home with my loving wife and my four, yes I said four, little boys. I am very excited to be doing this because this is my first ever shore duty and we really have no idea what to expect in terms of what will be happening for my work schedule. I have spent the last six and half years on board a submarine and that schedule is already way too hectic for many people. I have spent countless nights away from home and busy pulling all-nighters while trying to get a multi-billion dollar piece of naval equipment ready to go out to sea. It can be very demanding and it takes a special breed of woman, or man, now that woman are allowed on submarines, to be able to handle that type of stress and alone time away from the loved one. Which leads this conversation that I am having with you guys to my wife. She has been with me through thick and thin. We have done back to back sea tours and it has been hell on our marriage, with all of the fights and all of the anger that I have brought home and dished out. It wasn't anybody's fault at home, but that didn't stop me from being mean and withdrawn from everybody. See, everybody thinks that this job is really easy when in all reality, this is probably one of the toughest jobs that anybody can have. Unlike the surface fleet, or anybody deployed overseas, I can't just get on Facebook or Skype to talk to my family and friends. I have to use regular old email that may, or may not, be sent out on a regular basis. We spend countless days in a period that I like to call "Quiet Time". It is where there is really no communication that leaves the submarine whatsoever. This is where the hard part comes in because if there is anything wrong at home, I can't just email my wife to help her get through the crises. She has to do it all on her own, without my help. It even sucks for us on the submarine because we have to read about everything that went wrong at home with no real way of knowing if everything turned out alright. I am happy to be moving to a shore duty where I will be home pretty much every night so that my wife will not have to spend another sleepless night wondering if I am okay out in the deep blue sea. 
     This is all for now. I actually ended up typing more than I anticipated. Maybe this is a sign of better things to come. I know that you will all be looking forward to the stories and memories that I will be sharing along the way. If you want some more fun and adventure while you wait to hear more from me, check bohica2k.com and read the fascinating tales that come from the mind of a genius. The art is awe-inspiring and magical!

Later Daze

Wickid

1 comment:

  1. Wow you did say alot. Can't image what your gonna say next!!!!
    Good work man I want to hear more!!!!
    LOve uncle
    Tim

    ReplyDelete